2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Terrible decision by Allen on that INT. Was getting some good things going finally and then that happens. Very very inconsistent. 

The one thing i hadn't seen him do yet was make a really bad decision. Maybe not always the best, but nothing bad. Then that. Awful game. 

Another terrible INT, this time on a screen pass. Welp, pretty damn bad game. Oh well, Kizer had a few of those last season and I still stayed on the bandwagon. Don't lose faith Forge! LOL, but to be honest, I was never as high on Allen as others. He has WAYS to go. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Another terrible INT, this time on a screen pass. Welp, pretty damn bad game. Oh well, Kizer had a few of those last season and I still stayed on the bandwagon. Don't lose faith Forge! LOL, but to be honest, I was never as high on Allen as others. He has WAYS to go. 

Honestly Allen reminds me a lot of Kizer. Physically they are there, arm talent is there, flashes and throws are there but there's just something that doesn't click. I know Kizer is the starting QB for the Browns right now but I can't help but think it's going to be a very long season for Cleveland again. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Honestly Allen reminds me a lot of Kizer. Physically they are there, arm talent is there, flashes and throws are there but there's just something that doesn't click. I know Kizer is the starting QB for the Browns right now but I can't help but think it's going to be a very long season for Cleveland again. 

No question, he's going to make A LOT of rookie mistakes. But I love that Jackson is throwing him right to the fire. Will be interested to see how he is playing in weeks 12-17.

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol. Lose faith would be a strong reaction. Last year, had he come out, I said I would have had a second round grade on him. Heading into this season I obviously had an early first on him, but that was based on the presumption that we would see some progression. But If he has a bad year or doesn't show much growth, I'd be hardpressed to lower him down with regards to round position from last year and he'd likely just have a static grade at the second round. The upside and knowledge of NFL concepts, defenses/offenses is just too hard to ignore. That being said, there are some real Jake Locker / Josh Freeman type characteristics going on that don't make me feel comfortable at all. Kizer really isn't a badsituational comp - pretty bad season last year, but astronomical upside, 2nd round pick. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Difference is Kizer had very good film in 2015 that Allen has yet to have. Allen has shown flashes in certain games but overall hasn't done nearly enough. Long season though, but he seems to still have a lot of flaws he had last season.

He has fantastic tape from the Boise game last year, which was probably the best team that he played (most point to Nebraska, but Boise was the better team). The biggest problem from his tape last year is that there's not a truly great consistent game. Even the Boise game, where he made possibly two of the best throws I saw all last year in college football, he had some bad displays going on. So he doesn't have a start to finish great film for any game...it's almost on a throw by throw basis lol. 

He'll have more opportunities again this year. Oregon isn't what it once was, obviously, but it's still a step up in competition from his conference. Boise St is always around one of the top 25 teams in the country, so that should be a legit game. Colorado state isn't an awful team. Out of those, Boise will be the most important because it's the only one on the road, and I really want to see him play well on the road. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Baker Mayfield also showing he has complete control of that offense. 19-20 330 yards and 3 tds at half time. Have always liked this guy a little, glad to see him doing well.

I liked him last year, though i generally dislike big 12 guys. I was glad he went back though. Big game for him next week

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Baker Mayfield also showing he has complete control of that offense. 19-20 330 yards and 3 tds at half time. Have always liked this guy a little, glad to see him doing well.

Started with 16 straight.  Played about as perfect a half as anyone could possibly play!  I loved him in the 2nd or 3rd when I though he was coming out last year.  If he keeps this up he'll be moving into the first.  That's fine. The more great QBs for us to choose from, the better.

Pretty underwhelming game by darnold so far at home against s.uspect Western Michigan team. The first pick looked like just an inaccurately thrown ball, but the second looked brutal. Did he throw that second one off his back foot? Just not a great game

Archived