2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty underwhelming game by darnold so far at home against s.uspect Western Michigan team. The first pick looked like just an inaccurately thrown ball, but the second looked brutal. Did he throw that second one off his back foot? Just not a great game

I was reading up on what people thought about Darnold and came across multiple people saying his mechanics, footwork more often than not, is terrible. Watching his film last year and now this game that's all I look at and it's pretty all over the place. Even that last deep throw he had to Burnett, although he was moving around a by to buy time, never set his feet and threw off balance. I think that tends to lead to his inaccurate passes at times. It's kind of crazy to think how accurate he typically is with below average footwork.

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Any thoughts on Francois? I know someone mentioned him before. I just don't remember if he's eligible for the draft this year. I guess a lot will be said after tonight's game. 

He's eligible as a RS soph. Those guys are hit and miss on declaring. If he has a monster season, he'll declare, but I'm not convinced of that yet. I haven't watched enough to form a true opinion yet. He has big time supporters though. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's eligible as a RS soph. Those guys are hit and miss on declaring. If he has a monster season, he'll declare, but I'm not convinced of that yet. I haven't watched enough to form a true opinion yet. He has big time supporters though. 

He's having a pretty good game tonight! I'm looking forward to watching him throughout this year. Also, look forward to your opinion, once all is said and done. 

Just tuned in for this drive and Francois is looking very solid. Threw a nice deep ball and throwing with a lot of zip outside the numbers. I hate how many hits he takes though. Not like he has the biggest frame either. I'll be honest, after watching the first two games of his last year, I didn't think there was any chance he had any NFL potential. But making some NFL caliber throws/decisions so far.

Francois has a great arm and his toughness is immeasurable. He's also very collected and poised as a younger player, speaking on all of last year. Speaking more on that poise the broadcasters said all of last year he never had a multiple int game and is quick to move on from mistakes. He's also pretty creative in the pocket buying time and knowing when to take off. 

On another note, FSU has about 3 or 4 WRs I wouldn't mind being on the Niners, Murray and Tate first and foremost.

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Francois has a great arm and his toughness is immeasurable. He's also very collected and poised as a younger player, speaking on all of last year. Speaking more on that poise the broadcasters said all of last year he never had a multiple int game and is quick to move on from mistakes. He's also pretty creative in the pocket buying time and knowing when to take off. 

On another note, FSU has about 3 or 4 WRs I wouldn't mind being on the Niners, Murray and Tate first and foremost.

Talking about receivers from this game, I would like Ridley! But then again, I know a lot of ppl do lol

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Talking about receivers from this game, I would like Ridley! But then again, I know a lot of ppl do lol

Haha yeah Ridley is a stud, but he's also like 80 years old (ok, he's 22 and will be 23 in December). I don't think that's a huge deal, but It's pretty crazy to think Amari Cooper was declaring for the draft at around the same age as Calvin was starting school at Bama. 

Yea I love that he hangs out in the pocket and doesn't get rattled by pressure but he needs to learn how to manipulate the pocket a little and step up or to the side to give himself a better throwing lane.  Speaking on Francois that is.

As long as Ridley comes out this year, which I'm fairly certain he will, his age won't be an issue. I think Cooper Kupp is 24 now plenty of people and teams would love to have him on their team. 

@Fureys49ers Agreed on Ridley. It's obviously not ideal to have a guy that will turn 24 in his rookie season, but his talent more than makes up for that. I think it'd be a much bigger deal if he was a RB, but WRs, especially WRs of his size, have much longer shelf lives. Ronnie Harrison would be a good replacement for Reid if he left after this year and Harrison declares of course. 

Archived