2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really trying to figure out what do with him now. I mean, his stock is a completely in the trash. I don't know that you have to use a pick that high on him to be honestly. At 238 pounds, I can't imagine that any team is putting him on a 4 man front, and he's not showcasing the speed and explosion that would allow him to play the edge standing up. Plus the off the field concerns... this is just ugly for him. 4.85 and 4.87 at 238? That's really, really bad. Hand ran comparable to those times and he's a 300 pound defensive tackle. His vert was below average (though his broad was okay). Plus, ugly game tape in 2017... I honestly think he could be there in rounds 4 or 5 at this point 

I read that somewhere in his careeer he ballooned up to 270. So you have to worry too about work ethic and keeping shape.

46 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

http://amp.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article207957729.html?__twitter_impression=true

We're also having a look on Fitzpatrick.

I'm with you guys, I've got absolutely no idea who I want at 9, I'd definitely prefer a trade down, neither Fitz nor Davenport or Landry are really appealing to me.

At least we don't know weeks in advance that we're getting someone most of us don't really want, like we did in 2015. Honestly, I don't even care who we pick. I really believe in our coaching staff and in Jimmy. I just want the FO to add the best talent possible. Our biggest need is arguably edge rusher, and I wouldn't even be mad if we didn't address it in the draft. Just add the greatest talent possible.That, in the long run, will make us the best possible team.

27 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

A lot of chatter about New England loading up on picks to trade up for a QB. If Mayfield is in play at 9, we can get 23 & 31 and still possibly land both Landry and Wyne. Gotta dream huh? :D

If Landry isn’t there, I wouldn’t mind taking Oliver and Wynn or K. Miller. 

3 hours ago, Psychlone said:

A lot of chatter about New England loading up on picks to trade up for a QB. If Mayfield is in play at 9, we can get 23 & 31 and still possibly land both Landry and Wyne. Gotta dream huh? :D

I keep dreaming for a trade back too. But I think if NE take a QB it will be with one of their seconds. While they've still got Brady and a chance for another SB they would be foolish not to load up on talent they can use this year or next - and take a lower round QB like they did when they took JG and others too.

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I keep dreaming for a trade back too. But I think if NE take a QB it will be with one of their seconds. While they've still got Brady and a chance for another SB they would be foolish not to load up on talent they can use this year or next - and take a lower round QB like they did when they took JG and others too.

Yeah, I agree that the Pats are not almost certainly not gunning for one of the consensus top-4 QBs in this draft. If they're targeting a QB in this draft, it will be some under-the-radar guy like Garoppolo, or Brady. Trading up to draft some QB that everybody's drooling over is not Belichick's style. The 62nd overall pick he spend on Garoppolo is actually the highest he's ever drafted a quarterback.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Yeah, I agree that the Pats are not almost certainly not gunning for one of the consensus top-4 QBs in this draft. If they're targeting a QB in this draft, it will be some under-the-radar guy like Garoppolo, or Brady. Trading up to draft some QB that everybody's drooling over is not Belichick's style. The 62nd overall pick he spend on Garoppolo is actually the highest he's ever drafted a quarterback.

Agreed. I think Rudolph/Fall/Lauletta makes a lot of sense for them

6 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Patriots will hold their ground, and take Mason Rudolph in the 4th.

So what round are we drafting Dylan Cantrell?  Next Jordy Nelson? Great size, and had a great combine. But played in the Big 12 at Texas Tech, which has a meh reputation for pro contributors it seems. On game tape he's apparently up and down. Struggles with separation, and concentration drops. Great blocker though. I'm guessing 6th or 7th. Yay, or nay? White boy gotta eat too :)

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

So what round are we drafting Dylan Cantrell?  Next Jordy Nelson? Great size, and had a great combine. But played in the Big 12 at Texas Tech, which has a meh reputation for pro contributors it seems. On game tape he's apparently up and down. Struggles with separation, and concentration drops. Great blocker though. I'm guessing 6th or 7th. Yay, or nay? White boy gotta eat too :)

I don't know that he's an outside receiver at the next level. Could be, but may have trouble creating separation on the outside on long routes. I think he could be a successful big slot similar to cooper kupp. 

Archived