2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I always thought he was going in the first round. I think there is some momentum on Lamar Jackson heading that direction as well.

We shall see which one NE ends up with, if they go the QB route.

Yeah, I don't get it. Rudolph no bueno to me. NE is a really good fit for him though if it comes to that. I Don't know that they pull the trigger in the first though. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I always thought he was going in the first round. I think there is some momentum on Lamar Jackson heading that direction as well.

We shall see which one NE ends up with, if they go the QB route.

Guys on NFL Network have been mocking Lauletta to them.

8 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Guys on NFL Network have been mocking Lauletta to them.

Lauletta and Falk in the second are the two guys I'm leaning toward for the Pats, though they have worked out Rudolph. I just think he's going to go higher than they are willing to go for a QB to groom, especially when they have some considerably larger holes on the starting lineup right now. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lauletta and Falk in the second are the two guys I'm leaning toward for the Pats, though they have worked out Rudolph. I just think he's going to go higher than they are willing to go for a QB to groom, especially when they have some considerably larger holes on the starting lineup right now. 

I;m higher on Rudolph than most are; not so much on Falk. I'd go so far as to say that I've never seen Falk play really well, but have seen him play badly.

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Add another name to the list of 8, and we are up to 9. 

Apparently we will meet with Jerome Baker. 

Any thoughts on him? I really liked what I saw from him on film. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a mid second rounder. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

Any thoughts on him? I really liked what I saw from him on film. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a mid second rounder. 

More athlete than football player. He should be better than what he showed in college in my opinion based on the athletic gifts. When I watched him, he was super hot / cold and hit/miss. I don't like him anywhere other than WILL for the most part. Doesn't tackle particularly well, doesn't shed blocks all that well. Basically just have to let him be the cleanup crew. But his athleticism is legit. Can lock it down on good offensive players...I'd have him as a spy or shadow constantly. Playing the Rams? Have him lock up Gurley. Same for the Cardinals and DJ. Just follow those dudes around everywhere no matter what. I think the second is about right. Honestly, he's kind of like Darron Lee without the hype

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I see we are meeting with our future starting CB Isaiah Oliver? Nice!

Worked him out in Colorado. Have to think he's high on the list

Does anyone think Derwin James could play corner? I mean, Jalen Ramsey had similar measurables. Derwin is an inch taller and has 10 lbs on Ramsey but nearly identical arms, hands, and straight line speed. Derwin is stronger and obviously romps but he seems to have great awareness and covers a lot of ground. He has great ball skills, no doubt. 

The main reason I ask is because he seems like he could be the best player in this entire draft and someone I could get behind with #9. The problem is that we already have a productive player in tartt at that spot, so I am just trying to fit him in somewhere. He is so talented and versitile and seems to have that 'it' factor. The guy will be a tone setter on our defense who energizes the whole team. It's the same way guys gravitate towards Foster when he starts making plays. We could still move him around, especially on third downs when we play three safeties. He could blitz off of the edge in the slot as well. 

The one thing I will say is that from a physical standpoint we have guys with similar build, so if we are really looking to add a corner then ward might be a better fit simply because we will be able to match him up on smaller WRs while Witherspoon and Sherman lock down the bigger ones. Ward only played on the left side, yes? He will need to learn to work both sides to be used correctly. Ward is going to be a very very good corner in the NFL. 

James > ward > Fitzpatrick for me in terms of secondary players. Ward might just be the best fit though 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Does anyone think Derwin James could play corner? I mean, Jalen Ramsey had similar measurables. Derwin is an inch taller and has 10 lbs on Ramsey but nearly identical arms, hands, and straight line speed. Derwin is stronger and obviously romps but he seems to have great awareness and covers a lot of ground. He has great ball skills, no doubt. 

The main reason I ask is because he seems like he could be the best player in this entire draft and someone I could get behind with #9. The problem is that we already have a productive player in tartt at that spot, so I am just trying to fit him in somewhere. He is so talented and versitile and seems to have that 'it' factor. The guy will be a tone setter on our defense who energizes the whole team. It's the same way guys gravitate towards Foster when he starts making plays. We could still move him around, especially on third downs when we play three safeties. He could blitz off of the edge in the slot as well. 

The one thing I will say is that from a physical standpoint we have guys with similar build, so if we are really looking to add a corner then ward might be a better fit simply because we will be able to match him up on smaller WRs while Witherspoon and Sherman lock down the bigger ones. Ward only played on the left side, yes? He will need to learn to work both sides to be used correctly. Ward is going to be a very very good corner in the NFL. 

James > ward > Fitzpatrick for me in terms of secondary players. Ward might just be the best fit though 

Yes, and I’ve been saying it for months, I think Derwin James could be a high level player at every spot in the secondary. I think James at corner in our scheme would be a good fit.

Archived