2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

21 minutes ago, Geek said:

Trading down with a QB needy team, then grabbing Landry, Wynn, and Oliver seems like an ideal situation to me.

If we end up those three or even Vander Esch over Oliver, then it will be a big time win for me. 

2 hours ago, Geek said:

Trading down with a QB needy team, then grabbing Landry, Wynn, and Oliver seems like an ideal situation to me.

Landry + Wynn + Oliver >> whoever we could draft at 9

Any of those three could turn into a pro bowler. All of them ought to turn into solid NFL starters. We have no decent edge rushers. So Landry would almost certainly be an upgrade. Our starting Gs are all mediocre at best. So Wynn should also be an upgrade, not to mention he could potentially be a Brown replacement if we can't re-sign him - covering two bases with one pick. And finally Ward is in his final contract year and we have no other decent CBs behind Sherman, if he even gets healthy in time for the season, and Witherspoon, who looked promising but is still not a proven commodity. Turn one pick into plugs for all three holes on our team!

15 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Landry + Wynn + Oliver >> whoever we could draft at 9

Any of those three could turn into a pro bowler. All of them ought to turn into solid NFL starters. We have no decent edge rushers. So Landry would almost certainly be an upgrade. Our starting Gs are all mediocre at best. So Wynn should also be an upgrade, not to mention he could potentially be a Brown replacement if we can't re-sign him - covering two bases with one pick. And finally Ward is in his final contract year and we have no other decent CBs behind Sherman, if he even gets healthy in time for the season, and Witherspoon, who looked promising but is still not a proven commodity. Turn one pick into plugs for all three holes on our team!

Unless we are trading all our picks on day two and three there's no way we can draft Landry and Wynn and then grab Oliver. 

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Unless we are trading all our picks on day two and three there's no way we can draft Landry and Wynn and then grab Oliver. 

A trade back far enough should put us in the realm of possibility for those three based on current projections without losing anything Day 3. Those would be the only three picks on days 1 and 2, but it's possible with the right moves. A lot has to go right for that to be possible, though.

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

A trade back far enough should put us in the realm of possibility for those three based on current projections without losing anything Day 3. Those would be the only three picks on days 1 and 2, but it's possible with the right moves. A lot has to go right for that to be possible, though.

i expect Wynn and Landry to go between 10-20. 

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Also depends on how the board falls for sure. Though Landry and Wynn are mocked as first rounders, I don't think that's a guarantee. I remember how loved Lamp was last year, yet he still fell into the second round. It's entirely possible, I think, to trade down in the first round (say AZ), pick up their second rounder, grab someone like Landry at 15, Make a small trade up in the second round (I'd assume that would cost one of our thirds) to land Wynn after falling out of the first round, and then either a minor move up from the back of the second (likely costing us the other third round pick) to secure Oliver, though compensation there could depend on how high we are moving up (if it's 5-10 spots, probably wouldn't require all that much). 

But still, definitely wishful thinking for the most part in my opinion. Way too many moving parts. 

So Minkah would rather play corner than safety in the NFL according to an interview. I think that's actually kind of interesting, because you really don't know if he can be a boundary corner. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So Minkah would rather play corner than safety in the NFL according to an interview. I think that's actually kind of interesting, because you really don't know if he can be a boundary corner. 

Could be 2 reasons. One he's more comfortable there and wants to try that 1st...plus it's easier to move from CB to S than the other way. The other is $ driven...CB get paid 3-4M more per yr on avg than S.

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Could be 2 reasons. One he's more comfortable there and wants to try that 1st...plus it's easier to move from CB to S than the other way. The other is $ driven...CB get paid 3-4M more per yr on avg than S.

My first thought was money lol. 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Get a generous offer to  move back to 11 or 12. Then trade that pick for a first and second in the 20's. I think that's posible.In theory 11 should be worth 20 in the first and second.

Archived