2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Well, I agree. Was just commenting on that trade. It would be a dream.

Not commenting on that specific trade and its value, I just want to say that I wouldn't mind packaging several picks to move up. I don't feel like we need to make 9 selections in this draft. I'd be okay with 5 selections, to be honest, and if packaging 4 picks to move up and get a better player is an option, I'd definitely take that over sitting on our 9 picks and drafting where we are. We might just be a priority UDFA destination too, so drafting 9 and then signing a handful seems like overkill. And we have a staff I trust more to discover and develop undrafted talent than what we had in the past, so honestly, I'd love to move up to get another guy who could potentially be an immediate starter.

3 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Interesting seeing LVE's name getting tossed around here for the first time. Question is can he play Mike? Thought he was strictly a WILL linebacker...

We aren't going LVE at 9...but in a trade back scenario, he'd be in play I think. 

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

We aren't going LVE at 9...but in a trade back scenario, he'd be in play I think. 

If we trade back and don't get Edmunds or Smith at 9 then VDE or Evans might be nice picks depending on how far we traded back to

4 hours ago, John232 said:

I really like Duke Ejiofor in the fourth if he's there. I think he might be the best technical pass rusher i've seen this year besides Landry.. Might even be better than Landry. 

I saw a mock that had him going to us in the third along with Josey Jewell, St. Brown in the second, but I can't remember wh they gave us in the first.

4 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I saw a mock that had him going to us in the third along with Josey Jewell, St. Brown in the second, but I can't remember wh they gave us in the first.

It's taken me a while to finish my mock (just finished round 6), but I had him going to us at the end of the fourth. I think he's a pretty mediocre athlete, but man is he good with his plan of attack. Strong enough to hold his own on the strong side if needed. He has no business kicking inside, but in the two games I watched of his (cant recall which games), he was winning most of the time. Really high motor, very good hands, appears to have the necessary strength and violence to compliment each move. His burst is not amazing, doesn't possess great bend, and he's not going to chase a play down from the backside like Thomas can , but out of all the film i've watched for the mid round guys, he's impressed me the most. 

I saw a mock that had James Washington lasting till our pick in the second and Kirk going justa little before that. I think that's crazy.  Both of those seem closer to firsts to me than to thirds.  But you guys have any interest in either of them? I've mostly been looking at bigger guys, but the best film I've watched is Kirk.  Getting separation is the most under-rated quality a WR has, and Kirk's got a ton of that. Guys just can't cover him, and once he's got the ball in his hands he's dynamite.  He reminds me of a bigger, stronger, faster Cooper Kupp - which is why I think there's close to zero chance he last deep into the second.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

so i wanted to see historical data on trade downs from pick 9 and there was only one trade down from 9 since 2000. in 2016 the bears traded up to 9 with the bucs and it was pick 9 for 11+106. 

And they used that on on a LB. If therer's only one of the "Big 4" QBs left and a team wants to trade with us to get that guy I'm thinking it would get us more than that. I think 11 or 12 plus that team's second would be about right for a team desperate to move up to get a QB - especially if we could get more than one team into a bidding war for the pick.

48 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I saw a mock that had James Washington lasting till our pick in the second and Kirk going justa little before that. I think that's crazy.  Both of those seem closer to firsts to me than to thirds.  But you guys have any interest in either of them? I've mostly been looking at bigger guys, but the best film I've watched is Kirk.  Getting separation is the most under-rated quality a WR has, and Kirk's got a ton of that. Guys just can't cover him, and once he's got the ball in his hands he's dynamite.  He reminds me of a bigger, stronger, faster Cooper Kupp - which is why I think there's close to zero chance he last deep into the second.

I have Washington dropping to the end of the third. 5'11 guy with at best average athleticism and really rough route running is a bad combination. Kirk I think goes in the second, he's got some intrigue to him. 

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

And they used that on on a LB. If therer's only one of the "Big 4" QBs left and a team wants to trade with us to get that guy I'm thinking it would get us more than that. I think 11 or 12 plus that team's second would be about right for a team desperate to move up to get a QB - especially if we could get more than one team into a bidding war for the pick.

Yeah I agree, if Baker, Rosen or Allen fall to 9 and bills trade up to 9 it should be for 12+65. But if there's no QB we are going to be stuck at 9 unless we are willing to trade for cheap.

Archived