2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

Basically what Allbright has been saying for weeks now. This is why I think Rosen or Allen drop. Giants likely won't go QB and if the Browns go Darnold, then what? Broncos don't take them then the Bills surely will trade up right? Draft is setting up well for us. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

3rd to 4th round target.

Personally? I like Lawler and Key better in that range. Love hearing Key won't be drafted before the 4th. If you want to take on a talented potential character risk, then that's where you take one. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically what Allbright has been saying for weeks now. This is why I think Rosen or Allen drop. Giants likely won't go QB and if the Browns go Darnold, then what? Broncos don't take them then the Bills surely will trade up right? Draft is setting up well for us. 

I've been saying Rosen drops for a bit now. It's weird to say, but at #9, we may still have the opportunity to move down to allow someone to move up and grab a quarterback. Allbright has said that hte Cardinals have loved Allen since last year, so if he's the guy to drop, that's a potential deal. If Rosen is the guy who drops, I could see quite a few suitors. There's still quite a few wildcards though - starting with the Browns at the top. I am not completely sold that they go Darnold. I'm like 75% there, 25% allen. If they take Darnold, I think the Giants, another wildcard, if they stick, will go with Chubb, and then the Jets nab Mayfield. The Broncos are also a wildcard to me, I'm not convinced that they will go with a quarterback to be honest. 

I love how discombobulated this draft is from the top down. 

Just now, Forge said:

I've been saying Rosen drops for a bit now. It's weird to say, but at #9, we may still have the opportunity to move down to allow someone to move up and grab a quarterback. Allbright has said that hte Cardinals have loved Allen since last year, so if he's the guy to drop, that's a potential deal. If Rosen is the guy who drops, I could see quite a few suitors. There's still quite a few wildcards though - starting with the Browns at the top. I am not completely sold that they go Darnold. I'm like 75% there, 25% allen. If they take Darnold, I think the Giants, another wildcard, if they stick, will go with Chubb, and then the Jets nab Mayfield. The Broncos are also a wildcard to me, I'm not convinced that they will go with a quarterback to be honest. 

I love how discombobulated this draft is from the top down. 

So move down with Arizona, pick up an extra pick or two and maybe still land harold landry?

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

So move down with Arizona, pick up an extra pick or two and maybe still land harold landry?

At 15, I think that puts a crazy amount of people in play. The Bills still wouldn't be out of the question either. If it's Rosen, and the Pats really love him that much as has been rumored, could they make that play? It'd cost a pretty penny, but something that could be entertaining. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

At 15, I think that puts a crazy amount of people in play. The Bills still wouldn't be out of the question either. If it's Rosen, and the Pats really love him that much as has been rumored, could they make that play? It'd cost a pretty penny, but something that could be entertaining. 

And knowing how well we have worked with the Pats, I could see that possibly happening. Like you mentioned, the top half is crazy! It could go so many ways. I think there's even a possibility that Nelson could fall to our pick, maybe?!

On the whole Pats trade notion, I think they will also package Gronk. Weren't there rumors saying that he could get traded?

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

On the whole Pats trade notion, I think they will also package Gronk. Weren't there rumors saying that he could get traded?

Rumors flying all over on that one but can't see it happening here IMO. Would make some more sense if we were just on the cusp but I think we are just an ascending team trying to go .500 + right now. If we were in a position like the 2012 -2015 SB window, hell yea!!

Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin...been looking at him today. 6'1 246 lbs...4.48 speed. 1 yr starter so he's raw in terms of experience. He has the skill set and athletic ability to become a good ILB in the NFL. He'll need some time to be coached up and learn the position though. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Watching Kiper/McShay on ESPN right now, they are both hearing Allen will be the #1 overall pick. 

So then do the Jets go Mayfield or Darnold? 

I think they love Mayfield. I think it puts the Giants in the interesting spot since the only quartback they've been tied to as liking is darnold, but they seem to want to go another route. So I'll be curious what they do in that scenario

I've looked at two mocks today, and both had us taking courtland Sutton at 9. There was a rumor we really liked him, but it was from Vincent Frank, so I put no stock in it. Still can't. There's talk circulating that he's wr1 this year, and I could see that, just not to us at 9. I still think we are going defense. I think we will go receiver later with like Tate or someone like that. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Rosen to the Pats is a really nice fit.  It seems to me that he has a lot of similarities to Tommy.  Would you be interested in 9 for Gronk plus 23?

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've looked at two mocks today, and both had us taking courtland Sutton at 9. There was a rumor we really liked him, but it was from Vincent Frank, so I put no stock in it. Still can't. There's talk circulating that he's wr1 this year, and I could see that, just not to us at 9. I still think we are going defense. I think we will go receiver later with like Tate or someone like that. 

Fine.  See my post just above - one way that could turn out would be 9 for both Sutton and Gronk.

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I said this from day 1....Edmunds seems more suited for SAM. He could eventually move inside to MIKE but right now he'd be better lined up over the TE. Same with VDE. If you want a Mike who can hit the ground running, you gotta get Smith. You want versatility/physical specimen with upside, you want Edmunds.

Archived