2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Brian Billick  with his current mock today.  My favorite "talking  head" mock. He has Edmunds, Smith and Ward all going in the top 8 ... which leaves us Nelson!

I'd love that if thought we would draft him. For some reason, even in that scenario, I think we would pass

Not a major shock, but Key revealed the reason he was away from the team and all that good jazz was that he was in rehab. Kudos for being upfront about it, I guess...but man, with the failure of Randy Gregory, the never ending, ongoing plight of Aldon Smith (not to mention Key's abysmal workouts), he's in for a long wait this week. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not a major shock, but Key revealed the reason he was away from the team and all that good jazz was that he was in rehab. Kudos for being upfront about it, I guess...but man, with the failure of Randy Gregory, the never ending, ongoing plight of Aldon Smith (not to mention Key's abysmal workouts), he's in for a long wait this week. 

I'd be willing to take a shot on him at the back of the fourth if we haven't gone DE by then. But yeah, it's not good for him right now. 

1. Cleveland — Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2. N.Y. Giants — Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

3. N.Y. Jets — Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

4. Cleveland — Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State

5. Denver — Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

6. Indianapolis — Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

7. Tampa Bay — Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

8. Chicago — Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

9. San Francisco — Derwin James, S, Florida State

Even before Ward was making the move back to CB we needed to add S help after not re-signing Reid. James is one of the few elite talents in this draft. He can impact the gm in coverage or in the box.

Round 2 (pick 27) – 59th overall (via New Orleans)  — Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio State

Too much value to pass up. Can compete day 1 as G or backup C

Round 3 (pick 6) – 70th overall — Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Long physical CB that has skill set to become a top CB in the NFL

Round 3 (pick 10) – 74th overall (via Chicago) — Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida State

Has the athletic ability to excel at the Leo position. 

Round 4 (pick 28) – 128th overall (via Pittsburgh) — DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State

Savvy route runner who wins with crisp routes. Perfect fit to groom behind Garcon.

Round 5 (pick 6) – 143rd overall (via Jets)  — Brandon Parker, T, North Carolina A&T

Might not last this long but has the footwork and arm length to develop as an NFL LT. 

Round 6 (pick 10) – 184th overall — Joel Iyiegbuniwe, LB, Western Kentucky

Added depth to our LB core

Round 7 (pick 9) – 227th overall — Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin

More LB depth

Round 7 (pick 22) – 240th overall (via Kansas City) — Jaylen Samuels, RB/TE/H-Back, N.C. State

Not sure where his draft value is but I do know he's an offensive weapon for any team that drafts him

----------------------------------------------------------

Figured I'd throw a mock out there. I don't expect it to be popular so no worries. Also no I didn't forget Baker Mayfield in the top 8. 

Didn't want to make my own thread so I'll put it here.

3 hours ago, John232 said:

I'd be willing to take a shot on him at the back of the fourth if we haven't gone DE by then. But yeah, it's not good for him right now. 

For me, only if we have missed out on every decent pass rushing prospect, and he's the only one left with upside. 

2 hours ago, sherm said:

Figured I'd throw a mock out there. I don't expect it to be popular so no worries. Also no I didn't forget Baker Mayfield in the top 8. 

I think it's a pretty good mock you have there. Would really surprise me if Carlton Davis falls to # 70, but all the better if so. 

4 hours ago, John232 said:

Same here. 4th rd is worth the risk, if the need is still strong. 

Posted in the draft forum

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports teams have injury concerns with Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.

Vander Esch's neck injury has removed him from some draft boards. He also had a pinched C-spine nerve and LCL sprain at Boise State. This has been out there, but it confirms teams have flagged Vander Esch's medicals. Vander Esch was given a passing grade for his neck issue at the Combine.

20 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Foye Oluokun in the seventh? Yay or nay? 

Sure, why not. Athletic freak of a "moneybacker"... exactly the type of player to take a wild swing at late in the draft. 

Oluokun, who stands 6-foot-1, 230 pounds at linebacker for the defending Ivy League champions, posted times in the 40-yard dash and the 20-yard shuttle that would have put him second in the NFL Combine for linebackers. His 40-yard dash time of 4.48 seconds would have been second only to the highly publicized run by Central Florida’s Shaquem Griffin (4.38), and third would have been Georgia’s Roquan Smith (4.51). Oluokun’s 20-yard shuttle time — which measures quickness and change of direction — was 4.12 seconds and would have placed second with linebackers only behind Clemson’s Dorian O’Daniel (4.07). 

Both Oluokun’s vertical jump of 37 inches (would have been 6th at combine for LBs) and his broad jump of 10 feet, 3 inches (tied for 4th) would have been Top 10 marks. Not only was he the talk of the Pro Day held at Columbia’s indoor facility, he would have turned heads in Indianapolis, too. Columbia University reported that 20 NFL teams and 33 total scouts were on hand for the Pro Day, which several attended because of the snowstorm hitting the New York City area currently. 

http://fcsfootball.com/fcs-pro-days-yale-lb-foyesade-oluokun-posts-combine-like-numbers/

27 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Foye Oluokun in the seventh? Yay or nay? 

He'll probably be a priority UDFA. I think he'll be LB more than a S. He has enough athletic ability to take a flyer on him.

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I think it's a pretty good mock you have there. Would really surprise me if Carlton Davis falls to # 70, but all the better if so. 

Thanks. I could see him go anywhere from mid 2nd rd to early 3rd rd.

5 hours ago, sherm said:

1. Cleveland — Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2. N.Y. Giants — Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

3. N.Y. Jets — Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

4. Cleveland — Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State

5. Denver — Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

6. Indianapolis — Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

7. Tampa Bay — Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

8. Chicago — Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

9. San Francisco — Derwin James, S, Florida State

Even before Ward was making the move back to CB we needed to add S help after not re-signing Reid. James is one of the few elite talents in this draft. He can impact the gm in coverage or in the box.

Round 2 (pick 27) – 59th overall (via New Orleans)  — Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio State

Too much value to pass up. Can compete day 1 as G or backup C

Round 3 (pick 6) – 70th overall — Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Long physical CB that has skill set to become a top CB in the NFL

Round 3 (pick 10) – 74th overall (via Chicago) — Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida State

Has the athletic ability to excel at the Leo position. 

Round 4 (pick 28) – 128th overall (via Pittsburgh) — DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State

Savvy route runner who wins with crisp routes. Perfect fit to groom behind Garcon.

Round 5 (pick 6) – 143rd overall (via Jets)  — Brandon Parker, T, North Carolina A&T

Might not last this long but has the footwork and arm length to develop as an NFL LT. 

Round 6 (pick 10) – 184th overall — Joel Iyiegbuniwe, LB, Western Kentucky

Added depth to our LB core

Round 7 (pick 9) – 227th overall — Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin

More LB depth

Round 7 (pick 22) – 240th overall (via Kansas City) — Jaylen Samuels, RB/TE/H-Back, N.C. State

Not sure where his draft value is but I do know he's an offensive weapon for any team that drafts him

Funny how this year I seem to like all the mocks

Archived