2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been my pick for us for a while now. But never thought of the possibility of the Bears taking him. Would be a bummer. In that case Ward or Nelson probably drop? 

I'd be surprised if the Bears go Landry, but yeah, I suppose it definitely makes some sense to pair with Leonard Floyd. I think that Lamarr Houston is a free agent still and I'm assuming that they have no intention of bringing him back (though he looked very good for them last year when they re-signed him). I still don't see us going Nelson or Ward though. For some reason, I am so locked in on thinking this is a defensive heavy draft, that I just don't see a way in which we draft Nelson. That's just my thought though. Obviously as perhaps the first person who was beating the Nelson drum at #2 lol, I'd love him at 9. I've said my piece on Ward before - love him, think he's totally worth the 9th pick, but I think you're wasting his talents in our scheme and the fact that he doesn't fit the physical profile makes me wonder how much we would love him. I think if Chicago took Landry, I think you're still looking at Roquan / Edmunds / Minkah / Derwin to be honest. I think this is too rich for Davenport, so I don't know how likely that is. 

I don't mind Minkah/James/Smith, but still have my eyes on Landry. That's the missing piece on this defense. But hey we end up getting Smith and Foster returns at some point next season? We are looking at possibly the best LB duo in the league that will be able to cover out of the backfield. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been my pick for us for a while now. But never thought of the possibility of the Bears taking him. Would be a bummer. In that case Ward or Nelson probably drop? 

Not that what the fans want counts much to GMs and coaches, but over on the Bears' forum, they have been pretty adamant about getting a pass rusher as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Not that what the fans want counts much to GMs and coaches, but over on the Bears' forum, they have been pretty adamant about getting a pass rusher as soon as possible. 

Interesting. I guess I just assumed they would draft Nelson or Edmunds. 

AND I REPEAT, I really want this kid to be a Niner. Catches the ball with such ease. Swiss Army Knife 2.0 and could make Juice's contract expendable, sooner rather than later if we chose to play him and McKinnon at the same time. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

We might not even have a chance getting smith

I posted someone else a few days ago linking those two so looks like there is something there. I was surprised but he's that good of a talent so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise. All it means is Ward and/or Nelson will be available at our pick. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I posted someone else a few days ago linking those two so looks like there is something there. I was surprised but he's that good of a talent so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise. All it means is Ward and/or Nelson will be available at our pick. 

Crazy thing is I think if the browns don't trade out at 4 they might draft Ward there.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Crazy thing is I think if the browns don't trade out at 4 they might draft Ward there.

Denver supposedly really likes him as well. I still don't think it's likely just yet, but very possible that Ward is a top 5 pick. 

Archived