2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'd rather trade up for Nelson then draft McGlinchey or even trade back and draft Kolton Miller if they really want a OT.

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'd rather trade up for Nelson then draft McGlinchey or even trade back and draft Kolton Miller if they really want a OT.

I don't want anything to do with Kolton Miller. Even in a trade back. With our second round pick, sure, but I feel like Miller has first round bust written all over him. 

23 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Arians is a big fan of Lamar's and would take him at 15 if he was still in Arizona. Jackson+Johnson would not be easy to stop…. Like at all. 

Sure, if Jackson became a legitimate QB. I'm not worried. 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This board is higher on Landry then most of the mock drafts I have seen around. 23 is around the area I have seen him mocked at the most. The 4 NFL network guys have him between 18 - 28. CBS has him between 20-25 in their three mocks, with another (Will Brinson) having him at 12, and another not having him in the first round. Walter and Charlie have him at 25 and 51. Peter King obviously has him at 25. Drafttek has him at 20. Tony Pauline's newest mock has him at 24. The majority of the mocks I've seen have him in the back half of the first round. 

Best thing about King's post was that we will consider Ward. I hope they do. Best corner in the draft and one that will be a top 10ish corner for much of his career. 

And he mentioned Staley will play two more years, nothing about Brown. Good sign that Brown gets extended before the season? 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

This board is higher on Landry then most of the mock drafts I have seen around. 23 is around the area I have seen him mocked at the most. The 4 NFL network guys have him between 18 - 28. CBS has him between 20-25 in their three mocks, with another (Will Brinson) having him at 12, and another not having him in the first round. Walter and Charlie have him at 25 and 51. Peter King obviously has him at 25. Drafttek has him at 20. Tony Pauline's newest mock has him at 24. The majority of the mocks I've seen have him in the back half of the first round. 

I don't know if this is true. Pass rushers usually go high and teams will even reach a bit to get one. Either Landry and/or Davenport will go somewhere in the top 12. Shoot, I can't remember the last draft class that didn't have a pass rusher go in the top 10. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know if this is true. Pass rushers usually go high and teams will even reach a bit to get one. Either Landry and/or Davenport will go somewhere in the top 12. Shoot, I can't remember the last draft class that didn't have a pass rusher go in the top 10. 

I'm  only commenting on where he has been going in mock drafts lol. Doesn't mean he won't go higher, just that this board is higher on him than the mocks that are being put out. That's why I gave the examples. It was in reference to NC saying that King had him "sliding", but in truth, King has him right around where most of the big mockers have him going. 

You're talking about those that do mock drafts? I was talking about the actual draft. I checked and 2012 was the last year a edge rusher was not picked in the top 10. 

But yeah, a lot of folks who do mock drafts have Landry going in the teens or even the 20s. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're talking about those that do mock drafts? I was talking about the actual draft. I checked and 2012 was the last year a edge rusher was not picked in the top 10. 

But yeah, a lot of folks who do mock drafts have Landry going in the teens or even the 20s. 

Yeah, that's all I meant. It wouldn't shock me at all if he were the pick at 8 for Chicago or 9 for us. 

So Sean Paytron said if the Chiefs would have taken Lattimore at #10 last season, then they would have taken Mahomes. Interesting but also kind of puts them in the QB market early this draft right? So maybe they are contenders for Jackson or Rudolph late in the 1st? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I like Jemarco Jones better anyways. And he will be able to get him in the mid rounds. We don't need him to step in next year and play, could wait a year or even two years before throwing him out there. Good potential. 

Jones would be a nice pick in that area.  He's not great but likely to be a solid starter. I mean if Beadles is the bar he has to beat then he's there for sure.

NFL Network had its "mock draft live" last night. I tried to keep track of all the guys that people here have put into their mocks for our first pick. Here's where they went:

6 - Roquan Smith

7 - Derwin James

8 - Quentin Nelson

9 - Tremaine Edmunds

10- Denzel Ward

14 - Marcus Davenport

15 - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Not Selected in First - Harold Landry

Archived