2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

I would assume with the rumors that we have that many first round prospects would indicate that we will probably trade back from 9 or we are telling ppl that so they can trade with us. Granted I think a lot of that depends on how the first 8 picks play out. It's going to be interesting, I hope I don't miss any of the draft! This year just seems too exciting lol. I have to work into the afternoon/evening time on Thursday! ¬¬

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mayfield being Mayfield.. I like that the Chargers called him out on it a little bit. Safe to say the Chargers are not fans. 

That's part of the reason I don't like him. Probably never will. Whoever gets him good luck. 

16 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I would assume with the rumors that we have that many first round prospects would indicate that we will probably trade back from 9 or we are telling ppl that so they can trade with us. Granted I think a lot of that depends on how the first 8 picks play out. It's going to be interesting, I hope I don't miss any of the draft! This year just seems too exciting lol. I have to work into the afternoon/evening time on Thursday! ¬¬

Hope you can make it. I am definitely not missing a bit of the draft, and plan to be right HERE. 

c0414.gif

1 minute ago, sherm said:

That's part of the reason I don't like him. Probably never will. Whoever gets him good luck. 

Agreed. Right or wrong... similar or no... I can't help but have a healthy disliking for Mayfield.. as I did for Manziel. 

flys.gif

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Agreed. Right or wrong... similar or no... I can't help but have a healthy disliking for Mayfield.. as I did for Manziel. 

flys.gif

For sure. I said it months ago in this thread...the guy is just a tool. Doesn't change the type of football player he is, but very easy to dislike. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. I said it months ago in this thread...the guy is just a tool. Doesn't change the type of football player he is, but very easy to dislike. 

I also think he's never had to deal with on the field adversity that he will most likely deal with his rookie yr(if he starts). Guys with that type of attitude most of the time can't handle the criticism when things go bad. Just my thoughts. 

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, sounds like he's preparing his justification for a trade up. I have no problem with that. Package several picks to move up. I'd rather have 5 draft picks than 9 anyway.

You haven't learned from Trent.  Value those 6th and 7th rounders.  Of course he had to since he did such a lousy job with the high picks.

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting, so there is some legs to Mayfield going to Cleveland eh? 

Scot m loves him. Has since before they hired him. Not sure on Dorsey though

For weeks, I've had San Francisco taking Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick in my mock draft. Sources say that the 49ers have loved Fitzpatrick for months and remains a finalist for the pick. However, the meltdown of 2017 first-round pick Reuben Foster has the 49ers inclined to take Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith, according to sources. The ultra-fast and instinctive linebacker Smith is a great scheme fit in San Francisco. The fast Will - weakside - linebacker could remind 49ers general manager John Lynch of his former teammate and Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks. Entering Thursday night, it sounds like the finalists are headlined by Smith and Fitzpatrick, with the lean being toward Smith. Some sources say Smith, while others say Fitzpatrick will be the 49ers' pick. In my judgment between the two, I think San Francisco is leaning toward Smith

One of the wild cards in the 2018 NFL Draft is Boston College defensive end Harold Landry. Some teams have graded him as a second-rounder, but in a draft without 32 players who have graded out as first-round picks, some second-round players will go on Thursday night. Landry is definitely in contention to be one of those players in a weak draft for pass-rushers. In speaking to sources with a number of playoff teams, Landry is definitely in contention for their first-round pick. The Patriots, Saints and Steelers all have Landry in the running to be their selection according to sources. The tape of him rushing the passer in 2016 is what is getting him consideration in the back half of the first round. 

I get this feeling that Roquan will be available... and it's more likely that Fitz will not be. 

My true prediction is Fitzpatrick to TB at 7.. and Roqan Smith to SF at 9.

Nelson? either to Indy at 6  >:(  or we actually pass on him for Roquan.  :S

Archived