2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow, kind of surprised at all the hate thrown Mayfield's way...especially the comp to Manziel. Not an apropos comparison at all. He is intense and that is the end of the similarity. I also do not see why people think the QB prospect with the highest measured football IQ in this draft is 'destined' to fail. Taking the Chargers comments way out of context.

I love what his play and his leadership. But there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. The line might be fine but his place on the line is not. He's far over the confidence line and far into the arrogance side.  That's a potential problem. I had some worries about his maturity and attitude based on watching him play in college. I assumed he'd get some advisors to help him tone that down in the pre-draft run-up. But if anything I'm more worried than ever. I think Forge is the one who said he's a tool.  That's the best possible way to put it. Of course I think he's still one of the best QBs in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ragnow may be getting some late push for first round love believe it or not. DJ tweeted out that he's too low on Ragnow and has to move him up, so I"m assuming he's gotten some late 1st/early 2nd buzz. There's chatter. This interior offensive line class is amazingly stacked. May be the best I've seen. 

I think he's been kind of underrated in al the talk here.  He's a great prospect and would be really nice if we go o-line outside the first - assuming he lasts that long.

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow, kind of surprised at all the hate thrown Mayfield's way...especially the comp to Manziel. Not an apropos comparison at all. He is intense and that is the end of the similarity. I also do not see why people think the QB prospect with the highest measured football IQ in this draft is 'destined' to fail. Taking the Chargers comments way out of context.

What do you mean by "measured football IQ"? I hope you don't mean the Wonderlick.

Anyway, I kinda like Mayfield and hope he succeeds, but I'm not at all convinced he will be good in the NFL. He's not the athlete Russell Wilson is, and his arm talent is only so-so.

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

someone mentioned moving him to G?

I have before. I think he could be a good guard. Some people think he lacks power, but I think he'd be fine there. He's the thing...I don't see how he's a tackle in our scheme. He's not a good fit in a ZBS...his feet / quickness / movement is what makes him only a right tackle, so this seems like a curious pairing to me to be honest. If you want him at guard, I still think that Wynn would make mor esense fit wise, though McGlinchey would be nastier in short yardage. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

What do you mean by "measured football IQ"? I hope you don't mean the Wonderlick.

Anyway, I kinda like Mayfield and hope he succeeds, but I'm not at all convinced he will be good in the NFL. He's not the athlete Russell Wilson is, and his arm talent is only so-so.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/04/18/baker-mayfield-2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks

Read this, please. No, not the Wonderlick. 

I would be extatic if we traded down, got two seconds and Landry. That would be ideal. It would mean 5 picks in the first three rounds. Beautiful. 

I am also on board with trading down again and getting a first next year from someone. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I would be extatic if we traded down, got two seconds and Landry. That would be ideal. It would mean 5 picks in the first three rounds. Beautiful. 

I am also on board with trading down again and getting a first next year from someone. 

You really think we could get two 2nd rounders by trading down three spots? 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You really think we could get two 2nd rounders by trading down three spots? 

That was the compensation listed in the mock that I was referring to. The colts received three seconds (granted one was next year) to move down 3 spots so it's not inconceivable, especially if we tell them we have a deal with NE for two firsts but would prefer to not move down so far. 

Who knows

Archived