2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Smh, Daniel Jeremiah said if Smith isn't available then he thinks McGlinchey will be the pick. Peter King started this and he's not one to just blow smoke. This is real. 

Come on Indy, don't take Smith please!! 

Yeah reminds me like last year all of a sudden everyone in the last few days before the draft started mocking Thomas to us.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Smh, Daniel Jeremiah said if Smith isn't available then he thinks McGlinchey will be the pick. Peter King started this and he's not one to just blow smoke. This is real. 

Come on Indy, don't take Smith please!! 

What a horrible pick that would be. Just awful. 

Just hope that it's a fake leak. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah reminds me like last year all of a sudden everyone in the last few days before the draft started mocking Thomas to us.

I mean Thomas was still the popular pick throughout the process, but only now are we hearing McGlinchey's name linked to us.

We have Staley for another two years and then the Brown situation is a bit murky, but don't think we need a tackle in round one. Especially passing up some of the elite talent that should be available due to the surplus of QBs going early. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Thomas was still the popular pick throughout the process, but only now are we hearing McGlinchey's name linked to us.

We have Staley for another two years and then the Brown situation is a bit murky, but don't think we need a tackle in round one. Especially passing up some of the elite talent that should be available due to the surplus of QBs going early. 

This could also be a smokescreen we are pushing for a team hoping to draft a OT to trade up.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

As I said earlier...also hate the fit of him in our scheme...you're talking about a guy who's problem is movement / feet / agility and putting him in a ZBS that requires...movement. 

Just now, Forge said:

As I said earlier...also hate the fit of him in our scheme...you're talking about a guy who's problem is movement / feet / agility and putting him in a ZBS that requires...movement. 

Reason why I don't want him. Kyle is very specific with how he wants every position. I just can't imagine these rumors aren't more then a smokescreen.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Random little tid bit Trent brown is about a year older then McGlinchey 

Dude was such a home run pick in the 7th round. I know he's not a good run blocker, or at least a consistent run blocker, but we are a team that will win a lot of games behind the arm of Jimmy G. And Brown is as good as it gets in pass protection. This is a passing league and he's elite at the most important skill set for a tackle. Just pay the man and try to get Staley's replacement in the 3rd round. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude was such a home run pick in the 7th round. I know he's not a good run blocker, or at least a consistent run blocker, but we are a team that will win a lot of games behind the arm of Jimmy G. And Brown is as good as it gets in pass protection. This is a passing league and he's elite at the most important skill set for a tackle. Just pay the man and try to get Staley's replacement in the 3rd round. 

I agree my only concern with brown is if he can stay healthy, under weight, and motivated once he's paid.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The one guy that Baalke actually hit on with all those late round picks lol. Just pushing him out the door lol

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

The one guy that Baalke actually hit on with all those late round picks lol. Just pushing him out the door lol

I keep trying to convince myself that Shanny is a true offensive genius and to trust him.....But damn he makes it hard sometimes lol. 

I keep wondering.. is the reason why our FO hasn't seemed to pay much attention or be linked to Quenton Nelson just because most just assume he won't be there? Just like we aren't paying much attention to Chubb or Barkley. We just don't think they will be there. But what if Nelson is there, do they just all look at each other and say: "What?! Nelson dropped in our lap? Turn the card in!"

It's like when you draft in the 20s, and you don't pay attention to top 10 prospects. Maybe Nelson is just deemed too good to fall to #9. Personally, I haven't really been enamored with Nelson. I just go with the hype, really. Honestly, I haven't really watched him at all. I've only seen him while studying pass rushers. I don't know if he's really just that good. I just assumed he was hyped enough to go before our pick. Maybe our FO just doesn't believe he will be there, so the rumours reflect that. But if he's there, he's probably higher than McGlinchey on their list.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

My dream scenario is: we get a second rounder in a trade for him (who knows, maybe some other team will look at the Ts available at their pick and consider Trent instead). Trent then is extended by his new team to a 10m/yr contract. We draft a T at some point who is salary-controlled for the next 4 years at least (I don't expect him to be a first rounder). He turns out to be a very good player. Brown then is either inconsistent and/or consistently injured. We look like geniuses. Well... our back-to-back superbowl wins will also help.

Archived