Finale GDT - Bears/Packers

beardown3231

44 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Capture.png

One other thing I'm cheering for.  DJ Moore is already having the 5th best single season receiving for the Bears in terms of yardage.  There's a pretty decent chance he moves all the way up to #2 on the list with a good game, and an outside chance of #1 in yardage if he has a monster game, which is going to be a huge stretch but he did do it once this season already.   

I doubt he makes #1 but truthfully the most impressive thing is that catch% of over 70%...when Poles described him as duct tape he really wasn't kidding...dude has been a monster this year. 

Fields just gave the Packers and their fans more bulletin board material with his "there's nothing to do in GB besides watch football" comment 😂

While I appreciate the trash talk, it would be more accepted if they actually had some recent success against GB.

Now he better go out and win against them

I've grown tired of Bears players talking smack leading up to the games against the Packers because they always talk trash and then go out and lay an egg against them 

Please be different this time 🙏

• Like 2

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Fields just gave the Packers and their fans more bulletin board material with his "there's nothing to do in GB besides watch football" comment 😂

While I appreciate the trash talk, it would be more accepted if they actually had some recent success against GB.

Now he better go out and win against them

I've grown tired of Bears players talking smack leading up to the games against the Packers because they always talk trash and then go out and lay an egg against them 

Please be different this time 🙏

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another, "The game is kind of slow for me" kind of backfire.

Love if he balled out after throwing it out there though.

• Like 1

Last time we beat GB was in 2018 with Trubisky.  Last time we won in GB was 2015 IIRC.  We need to beat them.  First, to finish on a high note like the Lions last year.  Fields playing well means he's likely returning.  We've played well the last several weeks, as has Fields since he came back from his injury.  We've started strong but fall late.  We need to play strong all game.  I think we can pull it off.  27-24

Also Bears haven't given up a first quarter touchdown since the punt return by Carolina.  Let's keep this streak going. 

I've made it no secret that I want to both:  - draft Caleb Williams and -move on from Fields...... However, in an effort to defend that position here and elsewhere, I've basically been on a 2-3 day stat binge trying to find stats to both support and also stats to potentially disprove my argument, most of which I've already posted here...

The amount of support Fields has in the locker room, and among the fan base has put me at odds with the most sacred of sentiments in this great city: the infamous  "FTP" or "FGB" rallying cry...  

I genuinely wish I could see us crush the hopes and dreams of every cheese infested packer player and fan this weekend...... HOWEVER... I believe there is a far more important, and downright existential battle for the future of this franchise that must be won in this game, and it can only be won..... by losing.... and losing BADLY.

Every statistical analysis of Fields I've seen has me certain he is a bust, and even larger than the threat of losing (yet again) to those damn flannel wearing cheeseheads up north, is the threat of Fields getting the nod from the staff and Daniel Jones-ing this franchise back into the dumpster heap of history.

For the sake of the future, I must hope for the most disgusting and unholy of outcomes: Fields to lay a giant egg, and the Bears to get blown out of this game. It is then, and only then, that the illusion be shattered, and saner heads yet again prevail in this city. This game has to be bad enough that Fields and Flus are both gone this offseason.... and it has to be done, for the sake of the future.

Now I'm not fully going to the darkside.... I could never be a Packers fan, I still have most of my teeth, I don't wear flannel, I don't enjoy talking about trees, and I don't even find my cousin that attractive, but for the purposes of shattering this grand illusion, and for this week only, I will choke down the vomit and speak the forbidden packer words while watching this game (which I'm assuming have something to do with cheese).

Edited by Epyon

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

I've made it no secret that I want to both:  - draft Caleb Williams and -move on from Fields...... However, in an effort to defend that position here and elsewhere, I've basically been on a 2-3 day stat binge trying to find stats to both support and also stats to potentially disprove my argument, most of which I've already posted here...

The amount of support Fields has in the locker room, and among the fan base has put me at odds with the most sacred of sentiments in this great city: the infamous  "FTP" or "FGB" rallying cry...  

I genuinely wish I could see us crush the hopes and dreams of every cheese infested packer player and fan this weekend...... HOWEVER... I believe there is a far more important, and downright existential battle for the future of this franchise that must be won in this game, and it can only be won..... by losing.... and losing BADLY.

Every statistical analysis of Fields I've seen has me certain he is a bust, and even larger than the threat of losing (yet again) to those damn flannel wearing cheeseheads up north, is the threat of Fields getting the nod from the staff and Daniel Jones-ing this franchise back into the dumpster heap of history.

For the sake of the future, I must hope for the most disgusting and unholy of outcomes: Fields to lay a giant egg, and the Bears to get blown out of this game. It is then, and only then, that the illusion be shattered, and saner heads yet again prevail in this city. This game has to be bad enough that Fields and Flus are both gone this offseason.... and it has to be done, for the sake of the future.

Now I'm not fully going to the darkside.... I could never be a Packers fan, I still have most of my teeth, I don't wear flannel, I don't enjoy talking about trees, and I don't even find my cousin that attractive, but for the purposes of shattering this grand illusion, and for this week only, I will choke down the vomit and speak the forbidden packer words while watching this game (which I'm assuming have something to do with cheese).

Hmm.  Certainly an interesting spot you find yourself in, and I understand the complicated feelings and thoughts you must be having, you rind-encrusted, flannel packed, barstool compressing piece of driftless filth.  

Also:  it's quite likely Poles' decision is made, and I think made with an eye on a rookie QB, and Fields playing well could only increase his trade value.  Something to consider while you **** your sister after the 14th Point Special. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

giphy.gif

I'm with you on this one, Mike. I think Williams has the brighter future, but to cheer for Fields to be absolute **** on Sunday? No thanks. If they were 2-14 right now or something, maybe. But not anymore.

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another, "The game is kind of slow for me" kind of backfire.

Love if he balled out after throwing it out there though.

All he said was Green Bay is boring, which is correct :)

• Like 4

Well lads after a ~7ish year sojourn on Reddit, I have returned to FF. My post frequency probably wont increase much compared to the past 7 years, but glad to many familiar usernames from the OG days. 

Let's hope for some entertaining football this Sunday. Bear Down!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm with you on this one, Mike. I think Williams has the brighter future, but to cheer for Fields to be absolute **** on Sunday? No thanks. If they were 2-14 right now or something, maybe. But not anymore.

All he said was Green Bay is boring, which is correct :)

Yeah..anyone who thinks this one game against Green Bay is going to make or break Fields' future in Chicago has lost the plot, which includes Kyle Brandt 

The decision doesn't come down to this one game it has likely already been made.

Sure beating them convincingly on Sunday would certainly instill more confidence in Fields as the guy moving forward if that's the direction they go but why would anyone want to see him and the team fail Sunday ...that would likely hurt his trade value more than help it at this point ..and for those wanting to move on that wouldn't be a good thing 

That said go beat the Packers ***** and end their season!

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yeah..anyone who thinks this one game against Green Bay is going to make or break Fields' future in Chicago has lost the plot, which includes Kyle Brandt 

The decision doesn't come down to this one game it has likely already been made.

Sure beating them convincingly on Sunday would certainly instill more confidence in Fields as the guy moving forward if that's the direction they go but why would anyone want to see him and the team fail Sunday ...that would likely hurt his trade value more than help it at this point ..and for those wanting to move on that wouldn't be a good thing 

The fans, honestly.  60k drunk people at Soldier Field chanting "we want Justin" isn't the kind of statement that GMs or Owners are likely to ignore, even if (in my opinion) Fields is an extremely dangerous bet longer term. Especially when there's also so many locker room voices echoing that sentiment.

The fanbase in general is extremely reactionary, and the "stock price" among the fans largely depends on what happened in the most recent played game. Last week, he had arguably the game of his career..... and I'll be honest with you, if last week's game was the final game of the season, I don't see any way he wouldn't be kept longer term. Those final impressions of someone in a season are more powerful than you're giving credit to among the fans, and likely the owners as well. The wildcards of course being both Poles and Warren..... I'm fairly certain Poles was at least considering Caleb this coming draft class when he did the deal with Carolina last year, after all Caleb at that time was a massively better prospect than Bryce or Stroud (though Stroud's consensus evaluation was clearly off), but who knows where his heart was  at this year..... Warren on the other hand, the real question is how involved he really is.

Edited by Epyon