Wentz Message to Fans

Daimonas

57 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Wentz is way overly religious for my taste personally. A lot of his rhetoric makes me cringe. 

It really makes me wish I had the type of brain that allowed me to be extremely religious. Life would be so much less stressful if I could genuinely believe crap like tearing my ACL was part of "the plan" and had utmost confidence in everything turning out for the better, which I believe Wentz genuinely thinks. More power to him.

That being said I have no problem with overtly religious athletes, as long as they're not promoting something like violence through it. More power to Wentz for his beliefs, and I trust that he will do everything he can to bounce back.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It really makes me wish I had the type of brain that allowed me to be extremely religious. Life would be so much less stressful if I could genuinely believe crap like tearing my ACL was part of "the plan" and had utmost confidence in everything turning out for the better, which I believe Wentz genuinely thinks. More power to him.

That being said I have no problem with overtly religious athletes, as long as they're not promoting something like violence through it.

I just think he needs to reign it in a little. 

Saw this on twitter earlier and man this was touching. Love the guy, can't wait to see him back next season.

Also, no need to bash people of faith guys. Individuals are free to believe what they want. Bashing someone else's beliefs is not furthering any discussion on this board.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

Funny how everyone picked on tebow for his faith but not wentz. 

Tebow shoved it down everyone's throats constantly. I mean, constantly. 

He was obnoxious about it. 

Every on camera interview started with a declarative statement from Tebow about his faith. Every. Single. One.

With Carson, he makes it a big point of emphasis on his social media. For those who care to follow him on social media, they'll know about his faith. 

But if you watched a post game interview on the field or in the press conference, you'd never know he was particularly religious because he doesn't go out of his way to use that as a platform to express his faith. 

IMO, there's a massive difference between how Wentz goes about it and how Tebow goes about it.

Just also think about how a fan could view it as obnoxious when it comes to Tebow. 

Tebow as a professional football player was defined by his faith. He wasn't a good professional football player. He talked about his faith every time he was in front of a camera. And when he wasn't getting interviewed and not on the field, the focus was him taking a knee. It got to the point that people created a term for him taking a knee and praying.

"Tebowing" encapsulates why Tebow gets crap from some fans. It's not for being religious. It's the fatigue that comes from overexposure and pushing it down people's throats. 

8 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Saw this on twitter earlier and man this was touching. Love the guy, can't wait to see him back next season.

Also, no need to bash people of faith guys. Individuals are free to believe what they want. Bashing someone else's beliefs is not furthering any discussion on this board.

No bashing involved. Like someone else said, I'd almost like to be able to think like that. It's just not to some people's taste.

Archived