BDL Discussion Thread 2024

22 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So for waiver order wins, division wins and then vote totals and wait for playoffs for head to head?

Waivers and playoffs should be the same criteria no? Similarly to draft order and playoff seeding in the NFL I suppose.

This week is just a very particular case. If need be I can pick 6th and let Berlin/Rome pick 4th and 5th.

13 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Waivers and playoffs should be the same criteria no? Similarly to draft order and playoff seeding in the NFL I suppose.

This week is just a very particular case. If need be I can pick 6th and let Berlin/Rome pick 4th and 5th.

Yes but no one is helping me figure it out and I’ve said multiple times I’m confused. Help me figure out where Las Vegas should go also? They beat NOLA but have less votes for than I do or IC

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Yes but no one is helping me figure it out and I’ve said multiple times I’m confused. Help me figure out where Las Vegas should go also? They beat NOLA but have less votes for than I do or IC

My ranking with Nola right now does confuse me. I assumed +/- would decide. But we are evenly split.

So wouldn't it be then who won against each other?

Just now, InjuredReserve said:

My ranking with Nola right now does confuse me. I assumed +/- would decide. But we are evenly split.

So wouldn't it be then who won against each other?

I think so… I don’t think it should have you jump me and IC. But the Quebec one is more complicated… because Berlin has the best vote total but lost head to head to Rome who has a worse vote total than Quebec…

8 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

1.1 Greenland 0-3 (-42) (DV0)

1.2 Raleigh 0-3 (-27) (DV0)

1.3 Cwmfelinfach 1-2 (-13) (DV0)

1.4 Berlin 1-2 (-8) (DV1)

1.5 Rome 1-2 (-13) (DV1)

1.6 Quebec 1-2 (-12) (DV1)

1.7 Akureyri 1-2 (-7) (DV1)

1.8 Lancaster 1-2 (0) (DV1)

1.9 Hungary 2-1 (3) (DV1)

1.10 New Orleans 2-1 (11) (DV1)

1.11 Las Vegas 2-1 (11) (DV1)

1.12 Ivory Coast 2-1 (14) (DV1)

1.13 Anchorage 2-1 (19) (DV1)

1.14 Cuba 2-1 (13) (DV2)

1.15 Cancun 3-0 (17) (DV2)

1.16 Svalbard 3-0 (26) (DV2)

A bit unsure on the Quebec, Berlin, Rome placement 

Rome beat Berlin, Berlin has a better vote differential than Quebec, Rome has a worse vote differential than Quebec…

Also is Las Vegas a higher seed than those of us with higher vote totals since they beat Cuba head to head but Cuba has 2 division wins so they should have A higher seed than the other 2-1 teams outside of Vegas. Maybe I shouldn’t do the order anymore…

@TedLavie @InjuredReserve I think this is it tbh

Mock it to me baby

1.1 Greenland- Travis Hunter Everything Colorado 

I would go Will Johnson here personally but I think with Greenland already taking Caleb and JJ it definitely isn’t a QB and Hunter provides the most versatile star power in the draft and Greenland rolls the dice on the fun

1.2 Raleigh- Will Johnson CB Michigan 

This team could desperately use a top notch corner prospect who can matchup with opposing teams number ones. They took Penix and likely go the shark tank route. They could roll with QB here but the Young experience has them a bit jaded so they go with the stud at corner.

1.3 Cwmfelinfach- Mason Graham INT Michigan

They would have liked to grab Johnson or Hunter and with taking Daniels and Maye last year they won’t go QB. They have two studs at DT in Jones and Wilkins but how about a little 3-4 front fun with Wilkins playing a penetrating NT type with Jones and Graham at end. What an opposing potential dominating front with Jones also having the ability to kick out to jumbo end. The versatility this pick provides is exciting.

1.4 Quebec- Cam Ward QB Miami

Quebec is going to need a talented signal caller as Tua can’t stay healthy. Others likely have Ewers, Sanders, or Beck higher but I think the potential with Ward is top notch.

1.5 Berlin- James Pearce Jr Edge Tennessee

Pearce hasn’t been as productive this year but he still has big time potential. Rags gets his guy here at 5 to hopefully for Berlin provide a dynamic duo with Bosa to terrorize opposing QBs.

1.6 Rome- Tetairoa McMillan WR Arizona

Rome has Cooper and Waddle as FA after this year. They may 3up both but a talented big receiver who can separate like McMillan is a plus asset. Plus it is funny to have BCb try and spell the name. Probably will just call him TMaC.

1.7 Hungary (from Akureyri)- Kelvin Banks Jr OT Texas

Hungary adds a top OT prospect here to protect their QB investments. He can play RT for them or cover for Tyron at LT when he inevitably gets injured.

1.8 Anchorage (from Lancaster)- Nic Scourton Edge Texas A&M

Scourton is a big rusher who can get after it and set a strong edge. I have zero depth at the position after this year and he would really give me a nice rotational piece off the edge. 

1.9 New Orleans- Will Campbell OT LSU

They really like the tank oline building but the chance to grab a possible cornerstone LT here wins out. Cost controlled for years is the decision here to protect Josh Allen.

1.10 Ivory Coast- Malaki Starks S UGA

Ruskie puts the PTSD of a Cine selection in the back of his mind and takes the well rounded Starks here. He can cover, run support, and just do it all. A rare safety prospect worthy of a top 10 pick.

1.11 Berlin (from Hungary)- Deone Walker INT Kentucky

Berlin grabs a large man who can get after the QB. Mazi looks like a failed experiment and Brown is coming off an ACL. Keeping that rotation beastly after also adding Pearce and Berlin Dline is an even scarier unit than it already was.

1.12 Anchorage- Quinn Ewers QB Texas

If I want to get back to having multiple firsts I need to find assets I can trade for bigger gains later. I really like Ewers skillset and this just might be the opportunity to capitalize on adding a young QB.

1.13 Lancaster (from Cuba)- Benjamin Morrison CB ND

Mike and Rack can argue over if this should be Burden or a corner. Ultimately they decide corner is the direction to go and add a talented cover man to their secondary. 

1.14 Las Vegas- Luther Burden lll WR Mizzou 

Vegas adds a very talented WR prospect who reminds me a lot of DJ Moore. Versatile can play inside our outside and a nice addition to their offense.

1.15 Las Vegas (from Cancun)- Tacario Davis CB Arizona

BB is sad Vegas fails to add beef in round 1 but how about a 6’4 listed corner. We all know how much IR loved Juju Brents so he gets someone to fill his long corner fetish here.  

1.16 Berlin (from Svalbard)- Emery Jones OT LSU

Jones is a RT who can allow Wirfs to play the LT and let Kolton Miller walk with his hefty contract as Berlin looks to pay other friends more money. 

• Like 2