Jets release RB Dalvin Cook; Signs with Ravens

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why are the Ravens so afraid to commit to Gus Edwards. 

The only spot Cook's signing will threaten is Melvin Gordon III's.  Gus will still be the #1 back.  With the amount of injuries the Ravens have seen at RB the last two years, its only prudent to keep a veteran or two on the practice squad. 

Personally, I think the smartest thing about this move is it prevents the Browns from scooping him up.  I mean, when was the last time the Browns signed a player who everyone thought was washed up who last played for the Jets?  When has that ever worked out for them?

Edited by Integrity
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Feels like they signed him to handle the bulk of the carries this week.

That would be a great way to effectively rest our starters and also see what he's got.

3 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Still the #1 back, but gus needs the block to be set up to be effective, good to have a rb who can make nothing out of something 

And that's not Dalvin Cook...Gus' career YPC is around 5, which is extremely high for a RB and he's played behind some questionable lines. He won't hit the home run but he's a truly effective between the tackles and 2nd half runner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

he's played behind some questionable lines. He won't hit the home run but he's a truly effective between the tackles and 2nd half runner.

I agree, gus still rb1, dalvin is basically a water down keaton but also the best receiving threat the ravens have , with todd liking the  checkdown  I'd expect him to  get some playing time, also playing with lamar benefits any rb, I like the signing and hot take I think he might be rb2 if they go far 

15 hours ago, adamq said:

Kind of aurprised he didnt 3nd up in Miami, but he is definitely behind mostert, achane, and jeff wilson right now.. maybe even Chris Brooks too 

If anything I thought he'd go join his brother with the Bills. We have no use for him, even if he wasn't washed.

15 hours ago, adamq said:

Kind of aurprised he didnt 3nd up in Miami, but he is definitely behind mostert, achane, and jeff wilson right now.. maybe even Chris Brooks too 

Because McDaniel can properly evaluate talent and knows Mostert and Achane are light years better than a washed up Cook. Even Wilson is slightly a better option. 

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Because McDaniel can properly evaluate talent and knows Mostert and Achane are light years better than a washed up Cook. Even Wilson is slightly a better option. 

The Baltimore Ravens: notoriously inept talent evaluators