Josh Norman in 2018?

Dashing202

On 12/14/2017 at 10:42 AM, lavar703 said:

We have no DL, middle of the pack pass rush and arguably the worst safety situation in the league and he still finishes in the upper tier of corners for PFF. He's been worth every penny. 

The fact some of you actually want to pay a guy who just got benched for Dunbar a sizable contract is crazy to me. 

We have DL issues because of injury and in part because we pay Norman so much that we don’t have $ to go out and sign an elite DL like Calias Campbell.

Our safety situation is again bad because of injury. Nicholson’s shoulder and concussion injuries - who most hated as a draft pick - has really hurt our secondary a lot. If Nicholson doesn’t get that concussion then our deep safety coverage would have been better in the Saints game and since.

Wait, can’t the same excuse for Norman being beat be used for Bree being beat?

Weren’t both beat because the safety coverage is bad ever since Nicholson got injured?

To me, Bree is a poor man version of Norman and he’s younger so, he could become more and more equivalent to Norman in the next few years as he develops. Bree is a big, physical corner who is best in press man just like Norman. Neither one of them have elite speed and are always in jeopardy of getting burned deep w/o Deep safety help or getting a good jam on the line of scrimmage and neither one of them get a lot of interceptions.

If it’s me, I’m going for the player who’s 4 years younger, is basically equivalent and will cost $10 million less next season. The cap is going up $10 million so we’d have $70 million to work with in March to upgrade our roster.

Kirk will take about $25 million in cap space next year if re-signed on a long term deal. So, that leaves $45 million to keep Bree, Brown, Dunbar, Long, Murphy and Nsekhe. Then, we can go out and get a true NT, a starting ILB to go next to Brown and better FS depth behind Nicholson.

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Breeland is not equivalent to Norman. That's borderline crazy talk. 

Dude. Read what I wrote, I didn’t say that. I said Bree is a poor mans Norman and “could, COULD” become more and more equivalent to Norman in the next few seasons with development. Let’s be honest, Norman is entering his 30s and each year his game is likely to fall off some. So, while Bree will be entering his prime in the next 4 seasons, Norman will be exciting his prime. Father Time is undefeated.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude. Read what I wrote, I didn’t say that. I said Bree is a poor mans Norman and “could, COULD” become more and more equivalent to Norman in the next few seasons with development. Let’s be honest, Norman is entering his 30s and each year his game is likely to fall off some. So, while Bree will be entering his prime in the next 4 seasons, Norman will be exciting his prime. Father Time is undefeated.

"If it’s me, I’m going for the player who’s 4 years younger, is basically equivalent and will cost $10 million less next season. The cap is going up $10 million so we’d have $70 million to work with in March to upgrade our roster."

That's what I read. To me this makes it sound like you consider Breeland an equivalent to Norman. If you didn't mean it that way, that's fine. If you did, I simply do not agree with that assessment at all. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

"If it’s me, I’m going for the player who’s 4 years younger, is basically equivalent and will cost $10 million less next season. The cap is going up $10 million so we’d have $70 million to work with in March to upgrade our roster."

That's what I read. To me this makes it sound like you consider Breeland an equivalent to Norman. If you didn't mean it that way, that's fine. If you did, I simply do not agree with that assessment at all. 

“Basically equivalent” doesn’t mean equivalent. Basically equivalent is saying he’s less than Norman or as I said in the last post a poor man’s Norman. 

Bree is 4 years younger. Presumably he’ll still get better as he’s just entering his prime and Norman will decline over the next few years as he gets older.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/josh-norman/7649?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

He was shocking addition to the pro bowl this year. Pro football focus has Norman graded out as only the 54th best corner. Obviously he got in as an alternate because of name recognition because he was only average this year.

https://riggosrag.com/2017/12/20/josh-norman-surprisingly-named-a-pro-bowl-alternate-for-2017/

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/josh-norman/7649?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

He was shocking addition to the pro bowl this year. Pro football focus has Norman graded out as only the 54th best corner. Obviously he got in as an alternate because of name recognition because he was only average this year.

https://riggosrag.com/2017/12/20/josh-norman-surprisingly-named-a-pro-bowl-alternate-for-2017/

Man you really hate this guy.

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Man you really hate this guy.

I don’t hate him, just reporting information. I like Josh a lot. I wish he hadn’t gotten hurt because before that he was having a great year except for he and Bree kept dropping ints. 

I really do hope that the only reason Josh tailed off the second half of the year was his injury. It was noticeable the drop off, particularly when he was asked to come in for run support.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t hate him, just reporting information. I like Josh a lot. I wish he hadn’t gotten hurt because before that he was having a great year except for he and Bree kept dropping ints. 

I really do hope that the only reason Josh tailed off the second half of the year was his injury. It was noticeable the drop off, particularly when he was asked to come in for run support.

Norman a top 5 corner Idc what any one saids he plays good and is playing with a bad rib .

he hasn't had an int but he's worth the money but hey the haters and fans keep saying he isn't shutdown ctfu idk what to say this isn't madden , people forget these guys are human and not gods 

56 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Norman a top 5 corner Idc what any one saids he plays good and is playing with a bad rib .

he hasn't had an int but he's worth the money but hey the haters and fans keep saying he isn't shutdown ctfu idk what to say this isn't madden , people forget these guys are human and not gods 

Again, the problem is we are paying for elite, not just a better version of Carlos Rodgers in a Redskins uniform.

Yes, he isn’t shut down, but he should be for what we are paying him. He should be elite like Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Revis or Richard Sherman if he's getting $15 to $20 million a year this year and the next two but he’s not! 

That’s a problem! When you’re paying a guy qb money in a non-qb position he had better be All-Pro like Calias Campbell has been for the Jags, but Norman isn’t. He’s a good player but is making about $10 million too much this year and because of that the Redskins are weaker in other spots. His contract looks like a bad one so far.

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, the problem is we are paying for elite, not just a better version of Carlos Rodgers in a Redskins uniform.

Yes, he isn’t shut down, but he should be for what we are paying him. He should be elite like Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Revis or Richard Sherman if he's getting $15 to $20 million a year this year and the next two but he’s not! 

That’s a problem! When you’re paying a guy qb money in a non-qb position he had better be All-Pro like Calias Campbell has been for the Jags, but Norman isn’t. He’s a good player but is making about $10 million too much this year and because of that the Redskins are weaker in other spots. His contract looks like a bad one so far.

But yet we should pay tom Brady type money to Kirk cousins ? 

And Richard Sherman and him are just about as equal as you can get, the difference is the Seahawks D was amazing a year or two ago while our D isn't Carolinas at all . Also Nnamdi didn't get a lot of INTs yet he was elite and rightfully so . 

Ints shouldn't make u not be called elite 

52 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

But yet we should pay tom Brady type money to Kirk cousins ? 

And Richard Sherman and him are just about as equal as you can get, the difference is the Seahawks D was amazing a year or two ago while our D isn't Carolinas at all . Also Nnamdi didn't get a lot of INTs yet he was elite and rightfully so . 

Ints shouldn't make u not be called elite 

Nnamdi is Philly is a perfect comparison to Norman at the Redskins. They were elite with their original teams and both didn’t live up to their massive contracts when they went to their next teams.

The difference between Sherman and Norman is when Sherman has the opportunity to make a game changing play he usually does.

Sadly for us, Norman has been more Carlos Rogers than anything else. Good in coverage but not able to catch ints and make game changing plays when he has the chance. I believe he’s dropped 5 ints this year and Bree has dropped 2 or 3 as well. If they catch those ints we’re in the playoff race most likely.

The reason Kirk will get elite qb money is because the Qb market is inflated. You’re going to pay $20 million plus for any top half of the league free agent qb. 

The same can not be said for cornerback and every other position.

Archived