Week 18 GDT: Dallas @ Washington - Win = Good

D82

20 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Put it this way, if we don't win this week, do you honestly believe this team has the fortitude to win a championship?

I feel like we’ve been down this road. First it was the Arizona game. Then the SF blowout. Then the Bills blowout. Yet here we are, the #2 seed. Losing this game would suck, but it does nothing to dampen Dallas’ chances of a playoff run.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I feel like we’ve been down this road. First it was the Arizona game. Then the SF blowout. Then the Bills blowout. Yet here we are, the #2 seed. Losing this game would suck, but it does nothing to dampen Dallas’ chances of a playoff run.  

Agreed - we got blown out by Wash last year then went on to blow out Brady and the Bucks and competed closely with the 49ers till the very end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Rivera is being let go at the end of the year - he doesn't care about getting Maye or Williams. 

The organization as a whole does, annd that permeates. Think Terry McLaurin doesn’t just want to get to the offseason healthy and finally get a good QB? A lame duck coach isn’t changing that atmosphere over there. There’s no “Beat Dallas” mentality in Washington right now, I promise you. Most of them just want to go home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Put it this way, if we don't win this week, do you honestly believe this team has the fortitude to win a championship?

YES….     A lot though depends upon the elements.   I have said from the start the Buffalo game next to the SF game was our toughest test and it had nothing to do with how good Buffalo is.  The difficulty in this game is primarily a December game on grass in potentially bad weather.   We have historically played bad in bad weather late in season. We are a finesse team that relies on skill players. Bad weather evens out the playing field sorta speak and yes this is Washington’s Super Bowl.  Remember Washington took Philly to overtime both games this season so it is not a lock like it would be at home. 
still I hope they have the drive and push to win this easy. Ironically it has helped that we lost the last two road games as that will make sure they are hyper focused 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sorry, I accidentally hit like. Twice! But how can you say it does nothing to dampen Dallas' chances of a playoff run???

If we are the 2 seed, we play AT least 2 home games where we are undefeated!

If we drop to the 5 seed, we are on the road the entire post season!! You know, where we lost to:

SF, Buf, Mia, Philly, and Ariz!

And you don't think being home is advantageous???

Ahh Wiz, I figured you for a better man than that!

Dak and the Cowboys are 2-2 @ Washington in his last 4 starts up there. They are 2-3 @ Washington in their last 5 games in Washington. They lost in Washington in 2020 the year Dak was hurt as well. 

Bottom line is, playing in Washington has been a bit of a bugaboo for this team over the last 5 years.

In Daks last 4 games in Washington he is: 84/141 (59.57% cmpl) - 881 passing yards (6.25 ypa / 220.25 ypg)  - 7 total TDs - 5 Interceptions and 3 fumbles(2 lost). He hasn’t passed for over 300 yards in a game in Washington ever in his career, has failed to reach the 200 yard mark twice, and had 128 yards in Washington last year. 

Basically Dak has never really played a clean game in Washington. Couple that with the 2023 team trend of not playing well in away games, not playing well on grass, and not playing well in the cold. 

Having said all of that we beat the brakes off of the Commodes on thanksgiving. It wasn’t even close. If we can go to an away stadium and do that on grass in 40 degree weather it will do a lot for my confidence despite Washington being 4-12

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Dak and the Cowboys are 2-2 @ Washington in his last 4 starts up there. They are 2-3 @ Washington in their last 5 games in Washington. They lost in Washington in 2020 the year Dak was hurt as well. 

Bottom line is, playing in Washington has been a bit of a bugaboo for this team over the last 5 years.

In Daks last 4 games in Washington he is: 84/141 (59.57% cmpl) - 881 passing yards (6.25 ypa / 220.25 ypg)  - 7 total TDs - 5 Interceptions and 3 fumbles(2 lost). He hasn’t passed for over 300 yards in a game in Washington ever in his career, has failed to reach the 200 yard mark twice, and had 128 yards in Washington last year. 

Basically Dak has never really played a clean game in Washington. Couple that with the 2023 team trend of not playing well in away games, not playing well on grass, and not playing well in the cold. 

Having said all of that we beat the brakes off of the Commodes on thanksgiving. It wasn’t even close. If we can go to an away stadium and do that on grass in 40 degree weather it will do a lot for my confidence despite Washington being 4-12

This is my concern.  I also had the same concern for the same reason playing at AZ another place of horrors where things just seem to go wrong for no reason.  I have hope as a lot of people seem to think we will not see Washington’s best effort.  It is their front 7 in the past that has made trouble for us so we shall see.  If their D does not have the drive to win and we ease the feeling of how we humiliated them earlier then happy days.  
But if they come out fired up and our D plays like it has the past three weeks then this could very well end up a close game as the field will make it hard for our receivers to dominate.  this could be a game where Ferguson is key.  

Edited by quiller