GDT week 15 Broncos at Colts.

thebestever6

@BroncosFan2010 to be fair, most of the forum also took into consideration the significant injuries that Danny had. He sustained medial tibial impaction fracture,  fracture to his left knee cap, and dislocation of his left knee cap. Those are significant injuries. That is why I suspect he only got a 4 year $28 million dollar contact in the open market. Also to note, both players; Marshall and Trevathan have sustained injuries since their contracts. Marshall with a bad hammy and now shoulder. Trevathan with a ruptured patellar tendon in his right knee. Both players aren't what they were in 2015.

Ya, I overlooked that. But Trevathan today is much better than Marshall, there is little denying that.

I just think in retrospect, you have to ALWAYS pick the ILB that can stick with the RB's/TE's in pass coverage over the guy that's a bit better at stacking/shedding, blitzing, more physical, etc. We took the latter IMO, this league the former is definitely more valuable.

20 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, I overlooked that. But Trevathan today is much better than Marshall, there is little denying that.

I just think in retrospect, you have to ALWAYS pick the ILB that can stick with the RB's/TE's in pass coverage over the guy that's a bit better at stacking/shedding, blitzing, more physical, etc. We took the latter IMO, this league the former is definitely more valuable.

I agree with it being the wrong move and I have admitted that earlier in the year. I think you are right about what we should look at for an ILB but Elway has shown that does not matter to him. We passed up Foster and continue to roll out Todd Davis, who cannot keep up with his own shadow. ILB is definitely a need for this team but will probably be ignored like the DT position.

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The problem isn't that Marshall was kept over Trevathan - it's that Elway didn't get a suitable replacement for Trevathan. Trying to make up for the deficiencies of Davis would undermine any ILB.

Archived