NYRaider's Mock Offseason V1.0

NYRaider

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Bro, the least you could do if you're going to quote me is be fair and not take things I said out of context. 

1. Adams hasn't been the same player he was in Green Bay. Yes or no bro?

2. Hurts long term outlook isn't good. He regressed a lot this year and is about to get his head coach fired. That's a fact. Given that I've seen this same exact scenario happen before with Wentz, yes I'll take the future with O'Connell over Hurts. This is coming from someone who's seen every game Hurts ever played. 

3. I don't believe I ever said Gruden should be but I did make a case.foe him. I believe what I said was ordered to say was that Gruden is gone due to the NFL interfering with us. His dismissal was not our choice. A case can be made ifnthe league didn't do him dirty like they did, he would still be our coach and Mayock would still be our GM and we would.nevwr had the nightmare that was JMD/Ziegler.

4. Gruden was far better than JMD. Mayock was far better than Ziegler. We would have been far better under them than we were with the other clowns.

Adams has been the same type of player

AOC might not even be in the league after his rookie deal is over. Hurts is a top 10 QB at worst and top 5 QB at best. AOC’s outlook is nowhere near Hurts.

Gruden was a hack and a terrible personnel guy. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 12:43 AM, FloydFan said:

Wow. Someone please flag this as a troll account.

My working theory is that NYRaider created this alternate troll account so that he could manufacture arguments with himself to keep up his 100 post per day average. 

• Like 4

On 1/6/2024 at 7:10 PM, NYRaider said:

Bad QB play can cripple a WRs production. 

See AJ Brown as an example. 

The fact you’re trying to blame AOC’s poor play on Adams and not vice versa is absolutely insane to me. 

why are even engaging in this argument?  

if someone says Adams isn’t elite because of the stats with AOC as his QB (plus in JMD’s offense for half the year), etc you either ignore them as being a troll and idiot or if you feel so inclined to reply you just mock them and move on.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:21 AM, jpaulthe1st said:

My working theory is that NYRaider created this alternate troll account so that he could manufacture arguments with himself to keep up his 100 post per day average. 

My brother in christ, I would never defend AOC or diss Adams

Pennix looks like a poor man’s Derek Carr. Dude looked like a bum in the National championship. You are going need to surround Pennix with a great OL or he is going struggle. He prolly needs an all world cast of playmakers to hit his ceiling too. He is a 2nd round pick in my eyes. Factoring in his age, and health concerns 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pennix looks like a poor man’s Derek Carr. Dude looked like a bum in the National championship. You are going need to surround Pennix with a great OL or he is going struggle. He prolly needs an all world cast of playmakers to hit his ceiling too. He is a 2nd round pick in my eyes. Factoring in his age, and health concerns 

That's my thing. If you have this around whoever the quarterback is with Oliene you might as well keep O'Connell and just draft Offensive lineman then wait till later to address quarterback. The problem with when you need a quarterback it turns into an annual dart throw where you're basically elevating prospects as higher than they really are out of desperation

35 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Considering your love for Carr, sounds like a guy you'd want.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

7 days ago he was a baller and you ranked him your 5th overall QB, who would be higher if not for injury. One bad game and you flip flop this hard? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 8:10 PM, Jeremy408 said:

That's my thing. If you have this around whoever the quarterback is with Oliene you might as well keep O'Connell and just draft Offensive lineman then wait till later to address quarterback. The problem with when you need a quarterback it turns into an annual dart throw where you're basically elevating prospects as higher than they really are out of desperation

I would like to stick with O'Connell and bring in a vet unless we get a great deal to trade up or a top QB drops to us.  O'Connell is not a great QB prospect and does not have a high ceiling based on talent but there is something there that I see that makes me believe he has it.  I think he just has the drive to improve and approaches it with the right attitude.  Even his wife making cookies for his teammates shows me they have the right mindset of giving you everything they have.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:49 AM, drfrey13 said:

I would like to stick with O'Connell and bring in a vet unless we get a great deal to trade up or a top QB drops to us.  O'Connell is not a great QB prospect and does not have a high ceiling based on talent but there is something there that I see that makes me believe he has it.  I think he just has the drive to improve and approaches it with the right attitude.  Even his wife making cookies for his teammates shows me they have the right mindset of giving you everything they have.

I'm hoping we go with the route of drafting a QB in the first and signing a FA QB on a cheap deal.  If we can get a FA QB for 4-10M per year I would do it.  Like how the Bucs, Colts, and Seahawks have done recently.  That way we can use the money we save on QB for other positions.  Only QB from this past season we should keep for 2024 is AOC.

• Like 1