2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

There's a solid 10 years between them. 

And when it comes to Ballon d'ors Ronaldo has won a lot more on his shoulders. 

7 years to be exact. 

Dont care about Ballon d’ors because it is based on accolades. Buffon would’ve won it last year if they had won the CL last year. 

People still put Ronaldo and Messi as the top 2 when in reality Ronaldo is no longer there and hasn’t been for at least a year or two. Neymar has been a better player yet people still view him as the 3rd best player 

Still don't understand Contes decision. 

This is just revisionist history. He wasn’t cutting it despite a number of opportunities. Yeah he has been good in front of goal so far, but his all round play is still not good which is he was always second choice. He’s just proving that he has talent which has never been the question. I hope he does well. This was a good decision to send him out on loan

9 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

7 years to be exact. 

Dont care about Ballon d’ors because it is based on accolades. Buffon would’ve won it last year if they had won the CL last year. 

People still put Ronaldo and Messi as the top 2 when in reality Ronaldo is no longer there and hasn’t been for at least a year or two. Neymar has been a better player yet people still view him as the 3rd best player 

I didn't actual realise Neymar was that old, figured he was still around 24.

His career is a shadow of the other two at his age. 

Ronaldo is 33. He gets a boost in rankings because of his name, he still scored 42 goals last season. 

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I didn't actual realise Neymar was that old, figured he was still around 24.

His career is a shadow of the other two at his age. 

Ronaldo is 33. He gets a boost in rankings because of his name, he still scored 42 goals last season. 

I’m not talking career though. I’m talking the past couple years. Yeah Ronaldo has scored a lot of goals but he also misses a lot and isn’t doing any when he isn’t scoring 

On 2/16/2018 at 12:08 PM, marky mark said:

Batshuayi was always a good finisher. IIRC Henry said he was the best finisher in the Belgian squad. He's playing in an easier league with a side that creates a lot of chances now.

This. He is a great poacher. But that’s about it. He doesn’t fit Chelsea’s playing style. Just because he is doing really well somewhere else doesn’t make it a bad decision by Chelsea, he sucked in their system. If he stayed at Chelsea it’s not like he would be producing. 

• Like 1

Buzzing for tonight. 

Everyone is eager to write off Chelsea, but they have a pretty good team and on their day can undoubtedly tale it to Barça. 

I think they may pinch it tonight, but lose in the Nou Camp. 

I'm actually feeling pretty confident that we can't get a result against Barca. They're not the team they used to be on our night we can beat anyone. (that doesn't seem to happen very often lately though)