2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

I would say they could of they got a favourable draw, then I remembered Klopps record in cup finals. 

I'd say it's relatively possible. They're far from consistent but usually play better against the bigger club. A team that knows how to properly defend like Juventus would give them trouble though. I could see them giving clubs a hell of a time on the counter though. 

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I'd say it's relatively possible. They're far from consistent but usually play better against the bigger club. A team that knows how to properly defend like Juventus would give them trouble though. I could see them giving clubs a hell of a time on the counter though. 

I mean it's being said a lot but Liverpool really can beat anyone on their day. The bigger question is whether we can do it over two legs. Feels like the english teams are generally a bigger threat for us than any of the other sides since we've looked a bit bad against all of them, City game at Anfield aside. Would absolutely hate to face United in the QF, while being better United would just somehow get away with a win and it would be unbearable. Would love to face Real, could be a great shootout.

Agree that City and Barca are probably the biggest favourites right now. 

Edited by AustrianNiner

I think all of the English teams have a chance. City are probably just about favourites for the entire competition. Liverpool can shred any team in the world, on their day. Spurs can do the same, but have no experience at this level. United are probably the worst of the bunch, but have Mourinho who knows how to win trophies. Chelsea are in the toughest spot, but could certainly go all the way if they manage to get past Barca.

10 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Plucky performance from the boys to edge out the mighty Ostersund, we are the true European gladiators. 

I would say Ostersunds have had an awesome EL campaign.

But even so that performance from Arsenal last night was a disgrace, I'd be asking for a refund. 

On 23/02/2018 at 6:30 PM, DaveDX said:

That's a big if.  I'm not concerned at all about not winning the ridiculous quadruple, but the Wigan game did enough to remind me that we're still City.

They underestimated Wigan and that pitch was horrendous. 

I don't see the same issues coming up if they face Real Madrid.