2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

Willian played very well. Hazard was always a threat. I think we have to play with a striker in the second leg. Hazard more chances on the ball. Proud of the performance and I think a victory wouldn’t have been undeserved. Christensen made a big mistake but Azpi made just as big an  error by sliding in to try and win the ball. Still with a decent chance, but Barca are clearly favourites now. 

38 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Willian played very well. Hazard was always a threat. I think we have to play with a striker in the second leg. Hazard more chances on the ball. Proud of the performance and I think a victory wouldn’t have been undeserved. Christensen made a big mistake but Azpi made just as big an  error by sliding in to try and win the ball. Still with a decent chance, but Barca are clearly favourites now. 

Honestly I think Cesc could have made more effort to get onto and clear the pass before Azpi had to try to get to it anyway.

29 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Honestly I think Cesc could have made more effort to get onto and clear the pass before Azpi had to try to get to it anyway.

Yes, all three at fault but mostly Chirstensen.  You are taught at 10 to not play balls across your box like that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Imarobot said:

I dunno man, I don’t think he saw Iniesta there. He assumed it would it’s way to Moses. He should’ve passed it to Cesc initially. He had space.

17 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Buzzing for tonight. 

Everyone is eager to write off Chelsea, but they have a pretty good team and on their day can undoubtedly tale it to Barça. 

I think they may pinch it tonight, but lose in the Nou Camp. 

I wasn't far off

9 hours ago, PAW said:

Yes, all three at fault but mostly Chirstensen.  You are taught at 10 to not play balls across your box like that.

Multiply that by the situation and just how far he was passing it. 

He's young and he'll learn. Harsh lesson though. 

None of the English teams lost the first leg of their tie, with only Chelsea playing at home. That's pretty impressive. Liverpool and City are through. United and Spurs have the advantage, if a slim one. Chelsea have an uphill battle, but English teams are in an impressive position given how poor they've collectively been for a few years now.

I could definitely see City or even Liverpool winning it all.

Absolute tosh tonight, how Jose can continue to defend those "performances" is absolutely beyond me. 

I still believe Lukaku can be worth the fee, but every time the ball went up to him tonight there was nobody within 20 yards of him. 

Pogba was disinterested before the game and had almost no impact once he was brought on. 

Smalling and Lindelhof were an absolute catastrophe at the back. 

Sanchez just ran around like a headless chicken. 

I honestly forgot Mata was playing until he was subbed off. 

I know it was 0-0 but this ranks up there with one of the most pathetic performances I have ever seen from a United side in the CL. 

It wasn't even a successful "park the bus" tactic, Sevilla ripped us to shreds and only a combination of DDGs brilliance and their own ineptness in front of goal saved us. 

Joke of a manager. 

Couple of interesting fixtures tonight. 

Nice have it all to do in Moscow to turn around a 3-2 deficit. 

Napoli are on the verge of going out to Leipzig. 

I fancy Zenit to knock out Celtic.

Dortmund need to be wary of away goals. 

You would assume the following teams are through at this stage; Arsenal, RB Leipzig, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille and probably Lyon. 

Arsenal need to hope for some favourable draws so the big guns can take each other out. 

2 hours ago, kempus said:

None of the English teams lost the first leg of their tie, with only Chelsea playing at home. That's pretty impressive. Liverpool and City are through. United and Spurs have the advantage, if a slim one. Chelsea have an uphill battle, but English teams are in an impressive position given how poor they've collectively been for a few years now.

I could definitely see City or even Liverpool winning it all.

Liverpool? You can’t be serious.