2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

Lmao and that after starting Fellani over Pogba. Incredible. 

Although I guess Mourinho can excuse that by pointing to the fact that he's also thoroughly destroyed Pogba's confidence enough to have him look just as bad when he came on. Genius mind games! 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Lmao and that after starting Fellani over Pogba. Incredible. 

Although I guess Mourinho can excuse that by pointing to the fact that he's also thoroughly destroyed Pogba's confidence enough to have him look just as bad when he came on. Genius mind games! 

Pogba has been poor since he moved to United. All hype and no substance.

There’s a reason Fergie let him go in the first place and I’m starting to think there’s more to it than what’s in his autobiography.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The warning signs were there the first leg, British media and pundits assumed United would go through and actually encouraged by the first leg like saying McTominay bossed Banega which was laughable . Sevilla bossed them both legs. Better team comfortably went through.

The McTominay hype ended when he chose to represent Scotland at international level. Before then he was the next great English player. The English media love overhyping a kid. 

I’m stunned that this was their approach to this tie. You’re Man U, you’ve spent countless millions on your squad, go and beat Sevilla. Even Moyes would’ve got through that tie.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Pogba has been poor since he moved to United. All hype and no substance.

There’s a reason Fergie let him go in the first place and I’m starting to think there’s more to it than what’s in his autobiography.

He was overhyped at Juve but still a genuinely great player for them not least because he had managers who knew how to use him. 

Having seen how players like De Bruyne and Salah have developed I'd like to see what he could do with a different manager before writing him off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

He was overhyped at Juve but still a genuinely great player for them not least because he had managers who knew how to use him. 

Having seen how players like De Bruyne and Salah have developed I'd like to see what he could do with a different manager before writing him off. 

I think the team needs to be built around him, rather than him being put into a system. He also benefited from the playing alongside the likes of Pirlo who would have given him the freedom to do what he wanted. I think the league also played a factor - generally players seem to get much more time on the ball than in the EPL.

He seemingly has an attitude problem too, which is the biggest concern. Would a new manager want to deal with that attitude/ ego?