2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

12 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think the team needs to be built around him, rather than him being put into a system. He also benefited from the playing alongside the likes of Pirlo who would have given him the freedom to do what he wanted. I think the league also played a factor - generally players seem to get much more time on the ball than in the EPL.

He seemingly has an attitude problem too, which is the biggest concern. Would a new manager want to deal with that attitude/ ego?

Conte would love him and get the best out of him. He was overhyped at Juve but he was still a very good player. I don’t recognise this player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Mourinho claims he has no regrets? At least own your mistake. 

4 shots on targets over two legs against the fifth placed team in Spain. 

Good lord.

Yeah it's not like they were unlucky and Sevilla got a few goals against the run of play, Sevilla were absolutely good value for this win. That's inexcusable for a team of United's standing and how much they spend. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

At least own your mistake. 

So I take it this is your first exposure to Moaninho?  (I kid, I kid)

On that note though, did anyone actually see the presser?  Because the quotes I read made it genuinely sound like he was trolling his own team... or more like he'd reached that stage of the Mourinho Cycle wherein he tries to get himself fired.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

So I take it this is your first exposure to Moaninho?  (I kid, I kid)

On that note though, did anyone actually see the presser?  Because the quotes I read made it genuinely sound like he was trolling his own team... or more like he'd reached that stage of the Mourinho Cycle wherein he tries to get himself fired.

Let's hope this season tails off to a 4th place finish and knocked out of the FA Cup and we cut ties. 

I hated the hire.

And I still hate it. 

30 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Sorry, I meant owners. 

Think they are just concerned about club value. 

Look what happened to the share price when there was uncertainty previously. 

Most United fans weren't fans of the hiring and the ship has long since sailed where they expect good football under Jose. 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Form who? Certainly not from any United fans.

The owners are just concerned over the share price. 

They should be more concerned with giving Jason Licht the funding to get some help for our abysmal secondary.