2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Wait, are you saying that the 4th best team in the Faroes get a spot in the qualifying of Europa League? O.o

Apparently they get through because they won the cup. They actually get 3 spots in the EL, but 2 went into pre qualification and will play the 3rd best team in Gibraltar and the 3rd best team in Malta. Those games are sure to be showstoppers ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44724480

Teams will be able to use a fourth substitute in extra time in next season's Champions League and Europa League, Uefa has announced.

Clubs can also list 12 substitutes on teamsheets, rather than the current seven, in the finals.

Why are they trying to ruin a perfectly fine format. Next they will have roll on roll off

Celtic beat the Armenian champions 3-0 last night in Yerevan.

When they get through they will either play the Icelandic Champions Valur or Norwegian champions Rosenborg.

Even victory there will only get them into the third qualifying round!

• 4 weeks later...

Celtic being knocked out of the Champions League makes me extremely happy. I have a friend whos always banging on about Celtic and how great they are. He tried telling me that Celtic were too good to have to play the qualifiers haha. All season he will be telling me how much better Celtic are than Rangers. Thats literally the only thing they have to cheer for because Scottish football is such a joke. He gets more enjoyment from Rangers losing than Celtic winning.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Watching the Super Cup....Navas went FULL Karius on Costa's goal. Hit him right in the hands and went through them like a hot knife through butter.

Courtois should start every game and let Navas do the Copa Del Rey

Didn't watch it in protest (I do not think these Super Cups should exist, or at the very least they should be friendly matches with 11 subs allowed). But ultimately I think that's Julen's plan and giving up a bunch of goals today will allow him to start with that.

2 hours ago, Madridista said:

Didn't watch it in protest (I do not think these Super Cups should exist, or at the very least they should be friendly matches with 11 subs allowed). But ultimately I think that's Julen's plan and giving up a bunch of goals today will allow him to start with that.

I'll just put it to you this way. Navas could have and should have saved at least 3 of those goals. Especially both of Costas.

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'll just put it to you this way. Navas could have and should have saved at least 3 of those goals. Especially both of Costas.

What?

The first goal his positioning wasn’t the greatest but then again that shot was hit with so much power and velocity.

2nd goal was a tap in and there nothing he could’ve done.

3rd goal he had no chance.

4th goal no chance either. 

16 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

What?

The first goal his positioning wasn’t the greatest but then again that shot was hit with so much power and velocity.

2nd goal was a tap in and there nothing he could’ve done.

3rd goal he had no chance.

4th goal no chance either. 

I'll give you the 2 in extra time, but the first 2, yes, he could have gotten. Poor positioning is his downfall 9/10 times.