2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

United played much better in the 1st half. Thought the shape was good and outside of the Khedira shot, we looked in very little danger.

We were really fortunate after the Ronaldo goal for it to stay 1-0. Juventus missed at least 3 ridiculous chances, Cuadrado's being the most obvious one. 

The result is a massive one for United. We've gone from the very distinct possibility of having to win in Valencia just to qualify, to the very real possibility of being through if we beat Young Boys (if Valencia lose to Juventus). 

I don't think the performance itself is anything to really, really build on but I thought the resolve of the team was something I haven't seen since the derby last year. I imagine we'll still get smashed on Sunday but hopefully we can take something from last night.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen the highlights but it looks to me that Ajax were robbed of top spot of their group.  I don't think Thiago's penalty should have been paid as he was already going down before there was even a hint of contact, and then to make matters worse I don't think they should have allowed the penalty as Lewandowski stopped in his run-up

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to comment on the Champions League draw. Im excited for the Spurs v Dortmund tie. Third season in a row that we have played. They dumped out of the Europa league two seasons ago and we beat them home and away last season. Obviously, a very different Dortmund team from last season, so will be very exciting. I give Dortmund the slight edge, given they have the second leg at home.

Liverpool v Bayern is another very exciting tie. With Schalke v City rounding out the England v Germany trilogy.

United are likely to get smashed by PSG. Should be an interesting round.

• 1 month later...