2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

Even with winning Europa we were probably gonna get outspent by the likes of Wolves and Everton this summer, because Kroenke looks set to go full Mike Ashley on the club moving forward. 

This club is just a bunch of midtable quality players or worse, two great strikers, and a 300k a week Instagram influencer. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Even with winning Europa we were probably gonna get outspent by the likes of Wolves and Everton this summer, because Kroenke looks set to go full Mike Ashley on the club moving forward. 

This club is just a bunch of midtable quality players or worse, two great strikers, and a 300k a week Instagram influencer. 

Is his instagram even that good?  I stay off of most social media platforms outside of FB and Twitter.  If so, can we at least pimp him out to corporate partners to make some money off him?

While I get it that there's a threshold which needs to be met financially in order to return quality, I still believe that our issue is far more in the psychological department than the physical/technical, to the point where the former is impacting the later.  And it's at a point where a number of players, I'm convinced, aren't salvageable or are more trouble to salvage than they're worth.  I'd just sooner have them out of the clubhouse before they can negatively affect the younger guys who do actually look like they give a rat's arse and are willing to put the effort in.  Arsene coddled too many guys, not the least of which is Ozil.

I gotta say, I was hoping Spurs would win and I was pretty disappointed by the performance they gave. Kane was clearly not fit and they just never really troubled Liverpool at all. I've also never been a huge fan of Son, he's capable of some great solo goals but I just feel like he is super wasteful. He reminds me a bit of a much better Clint Dempsey. His goals are great but what exactly does he do?  

Pains me to say it, but Liverpool deserved a major trophy with the season they have had. The game was absolutely atrotious but that's the sort of game Liverpool would've lost as recent as last year. Their back 5 have been immense (shout out to Matip who has been as good as VVD since Gomez got injured); scary thing is that they should keep hold of them all for at least 5 years.

Liverpool are built for future success for sure. I do have concerns about Salah from a consistency perspective and sometimes the lack of goals that Firmino scores, but it won't matter if Mane keeps progressing as he has.

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I gotta say, I was hoping Spurs would win and I was pretty disappointed by the performance they gave. Kane was clearly not fit and they just never really troubled Liverpool at all. I've also never been a huge fan of Son, he's capable of some great solo goals but I just feel like he is super wasteful. He reminds me a bit of a much better Clint Dempsey. His goals are great but what exactly does he do?  

Huh? Son is a great player. Scares me to death. Left foot/right foot. Makes killer runs. Yes I agree at times he can be wasteful but much more often than not he contributes. Love his direct approach

On 6/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Huh? Son is a great player. Scares me to death. Left foot/right foot. Makes killer runs. Yes I agree at times he can be wasteful but much more often than not he contributes. Love his direct approach

He's obviously a good player and has had some really great seasons of late but there is just something about him that drives me crazy watching him. He is very direct but idk, it just seems like he makes the wrong decision all of the time, even sometimes when it works out for him haha. I just see a lot of attacks break down around him and maybe it's just because he is on the ball often because he is a willing runner but his decision making with the ball has never impressed me.

It was an incredible run in Europe. Games that I will never forget. Disappointing to lose the final, especially in such a dire game, but it is what it is. Very proud of the team, but its time for a bit of a reboot. We need to give Poch money to spend and early in the window. We were very poor since Christmas with the CL run glossing it over a bit. I'm excited for what we do this summer. We are very close to winning trophies, just need to get over the line.