2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Now I understand why everyone was flipping out about the 7-1 World Cup semifinal. That was both endlessly tragic and entertaining.

Also we should invade Canada and add that Davies kid to the USMNT tbh.

When Coutinho hit 2 against Barca while on loan from Barca, that was a dagger. That club is a mess.

Davies is such a stud. Bayern have such a nice young group already, that team is going to be a problem for a long time in Europe.

What a result for Lyon! 2 German and 2 French teams in the semi-finals!

Pep bottled it again. Seriously, he overthought his line up again and it cost them. Again. He hasn't been to a UCL final without the world's best footballer on his team despite his numerous super teams. 3 QF losses and one Round of 16. That's bloody disgraceful considering he's spent close to a billion on players at City alone. Sterling is going to have nightmares of that miss.

The hilarity also having two leagues generally referred to farmer's leagues in the semi-finals.

Edited by Canadian Saint

On 8/15/2020 at 10:19 PM, Canadian Saint said:

What a result for Lyon! 2 German and 2 French teams in the semi-finals!

Pep bottled it again. Seriously, he overthought his line up again and it cost them. Again. He hasn't been to a UCL final without the world's best footballer on his team despite his numerous super teams. 3 QF losses and one Round of 16. That's bloody disgraceful considering he's spent close to a billion on players at City alone. Sterling is going to have nightmares of that miss.

The hilarity also having two leagues generally referred to farmer's leagues in the semi-finals.

Yeah I don't understand why he played 3 holding MFs and left the Silvas and Mahrez on the bench. Baffling. He was scared by this Lyon team for sure. 

With that said he' not at fault for Sterling's outrageous miss. Sterling drives me crazy; he can look like the world's best player AND someone who's never kicked a ball before in the same sequence. I've seen him sit 3 defenders down and then shoot the ball toward the corner flag before. This was yet another example. Killer, considering they went and scored immediately down the other end.

Huge Pep fan but I'm done now. A micro-manager who overthinks...he can't get out his own way.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Wish my NFL team had a social media dept this good. Were stuck with one that didnt know #1932 couldnt be the team tag cause you cant use numbers.

Then this is just pure gold.

EfaQoDHWkAAZ87J?format=jpg&name=small

Ha, Vidal. Absolutely useless and a passenger the other night. 

Barca need the biggest clearout ever seen in an elite programme

Final is now set.  Seems like it should be a good match.  I am not underestimating PSG for a second, but I like Bayern to edge it.  Their form has been excellent and Hansi Flick really has got strong tactics.  Hard to believe this Bayern team is the same that was struggling mightily in the Bundesliga prior to sacking Niko Kovac, who was seriously in over his head.

Once it is over, ideally with a treble, Bayern can focus on solving the Thisgo and Alaba contract dilemmas.  Thiago is almost certainly gone, but Alaba and Bayern were making progress on negotiations before they broke it off to focus on the UCL.

Two types of teams I hate losing to: Real Madrid and "oil clubs".