Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

18 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I can't believe this wasn't scheduled to be a night game... and I really can't believe it wasn't flexed over Cowboys-Raiders. No wonder there's a rating problem when you aren't at least putting your marquee matchups in primetime.

CBS protected the game .. no way would they give it away to NBC lol(NBC should be fine tho..cowboys/raiders should still be good for ratings)

3 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

Except for the fact he's  aging. Anytime soon? Of course it will change soon..because  he's older. Bradys time is about done. 

For the love of god, can you PLEASE bring substance? Every post is "they're nearly done". No one knows when, EVERYONE knows it WILL happen - so it's a nothing post. Every time. 

How about bringing some tactical talk or something?

57 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

For the love of god, can you PLEASE bring substance? Every post is "they're nearly done". No one knows when, EVERYONE knows it WILL happen - so it's a nothing post. Every time. 

How about bringing some tactical talk or something?

dang dude,you're up late.

what's the deal duuude? its just trivial sports talk. :)

for the love of God,can you please accept that its about over? where am I wrong? lol its obviously near the end. his age is on the end of the cycle. you arent a child. You know he's about done. I'm grasping the obvious? :) yeah, I know,so? everyone is bored with the Pats.  its like a walking dead character that should have died already.

tactical talk? football is entertainment not a competition. The league decides who wins and when.Its only so damn obvious when an official steps in every 2 plays. Its only so damn obvious when the Raiders are allowed to keep throwing in the end zone with no time on the clock till they get a score. etc etc

No team lasts at the top for 15 years unless the suits in the league office make it happen.

tactical talk? only misguided people believe a guy can coach a team better than 30 other guys for 15 years without being figured out, when half the coaches who worked for him are coaching other teams. Its entertainment. No one is that good.

who's dumb enough to believe a QB can last 15 years without getting blind-sided one time? who's dumb enough to believe that Rodgers luck is so fantastic that he comes back from an injury while the teams playoffs hopes are still alive? it just so happens to be the guy in all the commercials every week. its a tv show. Its wwe.

its entertainment.

I still love you because youve been nice to me :)

48 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

dang dude,you're up late.

what's the deal duuude? its just trivial sports talk. :)

for the love of God,can you please accept that its about over? where am I wrong? lol its obviously near the end. his age is on the end of the cycle. you arent a child. You know he's about done. I'm grasping the obvious? :) yeah, I know,so? everyone is bored with the Pats.  its like a walking dead character that should have died already.

tactical talk? football is entertainment not a competition. The league decides who wins and when.Its only so damn obvious when an official steps in every 2 plays. Its only so damn obvious when the Raiders are allowed to keep throwing in the end zone with no time on the clock till they get a score. etc etc

No team lasts at the top for 15 years unless the suits in the league office make it happen.

tactical talk? only misguided people believe a guy can coach a team better than 30 other guys for 15 years without being figured out, when half the coaches who worked for him are coaching other teams. Its entertainment. No one is that good.

who's dumb enough to believe a QB can last 15 years without getting blind-sided one time? who's dumb enough to believe that Rodgers luck is so fantastic that he comes back from an injury while the teams playoffs hopes are still alive? it just so happens to be the guy in all the commercials every week. its a tv show. Its wwe.

its entertainment.

I still love you because youve been nice to me :)

Lol, I love you too dude. Was only messing :) 

Needless to say, this is gonna be a tough game. Honestly, the Pats lost somewhat of a 'predictable' game against Miami. It was more surprising to me that Pitt came back to beat Baltimore. That last minute comeback isnt likely to work against NE. We have to play mistake free football while forcing NE to make mistakes. Its not impossible for the Steelers to win this, its not the expected results. Our defense has a lot to prove this week.

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Needless to say, this is gonna be a tough game. Honestly, the Pats lost somewhat of a 'predictable' game against Miami. It was more surprising to me that Pitt came back to beat Baltimore. That last minute comeback isnt likely to work against NE. We have to play mistake free football while forcing NE to make mistakes. Its not impossible for the Steelers to win this, its not the expected results. Our defense has a lot to prove this week.

Well, it's also not NOT the expected result. I think it's pretty even. 

It will come down to who's defense can force more 3 and outs, I'd say. Because there will be plenty of scoring drives from both teams. I give the edge to Pit, because our RZ offense has struggled a bit, and we give up yards for Christmas.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, it's also not NOT the expected result. I think it's pretty even. 

It will come down to who's defense can force more 3 and outs, I'd say. Because there will be plenty of scoring drives from both teams. I give the edge to Pit, because our RZ offense has struggled a bit, and we give up yards for Christmas.

There is a mental aspect that the Pats have that cant be ignored.   You guys are inside the heads of our coaches and players.   It cant be denied.

And honestly, we are hurting and/or weak in the worst possible positions vs the Pats.     Our safeties are garbage, we are missing are speedy LB who MAY have made a difference vs Gronk (albeit probably not much), our interior pass rush is almost non existent (or at least we dont use our DLine to attack enough), and our coaches are so afraid of the Pats that they cant seem to get away from an uber conservative gameplan that plays right into the strengths of Brady.

I could definitely see the Steelers winning, but I think you have to give a notable edge to the Pats right now.   

On 12/13/2017 at 10:32 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I can't believe this wasn't scheduled to be a night game... and I really can't believe it wasn't flexed over Cowboys-Raiders. No wonder there's a rating problem when you aren't at least putting your marquee matchups in primetime.

Yeah it wasn't flexed because that means the TV station loses the game, and Fox doesn't care about NBC's ratings at all.

As far as it not being originally scheduled as a night game, I don't understa/nd that either. A team can have max 5 prime time games, not every team gets 5 but the patriots and steelers almost always do and they did this year.

Steelers got

• SNF at Detroit
  • TNF vs Tennessee
  • SNF vs Green Bay
  • MNF at Cincy
  • SNF vs Baltimore

Patriots got

• TNF/opening week vs KC
  • TNF at Tampa Bay
  • SNF vs Atlanta
  • SNF vs Denver
  • MNF at Miami

So each of them got 3 home primetime games, a MNF and a TNF, with an extra TNF for patriots to open the season.

The bolded games I understand because those are big matchups. Pats vs Denver and at Miami don't seem that special to me but maybe they are to the patriots fanbase, idk.

That still leaves a TNF vs TB and the Steelers with a SNF and TNF game they could have changed out, so the schedule makers easily could have changed it to make this game primetime ahead of time. Seems like a big missed call, obviously you can't predict the future but iirc, the Patriots and Steelers were huge AFC favorites this year.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There is a mental aspect that the Pats have that cant be ignored.   You guys are inside the heads of our coaches and players.   It cant be denied.

And honestly, we are hurting and/or weak in the worst possible positions vs the Pats.     Our safeties are garbage, we are missing are speedy LB who MAY have made a difference vs Gronk (albeit probably not much), our interior pass rush is almost non existent (or at least we dont use our DLine to attack enough), and our coaches are so afraid of the Pats that they cant seem to get away from an uber conservative gameplan that plays right into the strengths of Brady.

I could definitely see the Steelers winning, but I think you have to give a notable edge to the Pats right now.   

The thing is the last time a Patriots vs Steelers match up was preceeded by weeks of discussion about how the Patriots have dominated them, it was the year the Steelers beat them. Funny how those things work. 

I watched Brady against Miami and it is a fact that he is playing on a sore ACL and it showed in that game. He says it is minor, but that could be true or just misleading. If it is a lot sorer than he is letting on, then the Pittsburgh game could be a real struggle.

Archived