Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Oh come on.  

Watch the replay.  Unless I missed something one of his hands was completely turned around and wasn't even palming the ball.  Literally the back of his hand watch "holding" the ball when it bobbled out and then rolled on the ground.

I'm sure ESPN will show it a million times.  But unless I completely miss-saw it, it looked like an obvious no catch.

But shouldn't his knee being down complete the catch?

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Oh come on.  

Watch the replay.  Unless I missed something one of his hands was completely turned around and wasn't even palming the ball.  Literally the back of his hand watch "holding" the ball when it bobbled out and then rolled on the ground.

I'm sure ESPN will show it a million times.  But unless I completely miss-saw it, it looked like an obvious no catch.

You're blind. He caught it, his knee hit, and then he reached for the goal-line. It popped loose when he hit the ground after reaching for the goal-line. Nobody touched him. That's a completed catch and a TD.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Knee touching the ground =/= down.

If he had been touched before hand THEN it would be down by contact.

I am honestly shocked people think it was a catch.  Looked clear as day to me - and obviously to the refs/NY who wouldn't change that unless it was conclusive.

Gee I wonder why Patriots fans think it's a good call.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're blind. He caught it, his knee hit, and then he reached for the goal-line. It popped loose when he hit the ground after reaching for the goal-line. Nobody touched him. That's a completed catch and a TD.

It's a textbook completed catch, the ball moved a little bit while making a football move. 

Archived