Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It's definitely a terrible rule but if that was a catch then the NFL owes tony romo a playoff win and another win to the lions 

Huge difference; James wasn't made contact with until after he made a move and crossed the goal line.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Everyone but the announcers did. And we all braced for the worst as the NFL continues to make nonsensical calls based on the rule. See, e.g.:

The funny thing is that actually the explanations in that video all make sense. In the first one it wasn't the falling rule, so it was a judgement call (which you could easily debate if you want, hell I'd debate it, but you are arguing a different rule), the second one was clearly the falling to the ground rule, as was the third catch. 

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

You mean again, like in week 1?

*A Chiefs' fan can dream*

In general, I think a team like the Chiefs is more equipped to do it than the Steelers are.

I would prefer to beat the Pats, but its all about matchups....and we match up better with the Chiefs at home than the Patriots on the road.

Of course we would have to likely get by Jacksoville or the Ravens first......so nothing is certain.  

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Huge difference; James wasn't made contact with until after he made a move and crossed the goal line.

Which doesn't matter because it was still in the catch process, just like CJ and Dez. It's an awful rule, it's just as bad as targeting in ncaaf, but I don't know how ya'll acting like this is crazy

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

idk dog maybe if ben didn't literally throw a ball into quadruple coverage where 15 people were literally standing still on the field

I don't know dog... Maybe if the NFL actually knew what a catch was we wouldn't have an issue.

Just now, lancerman said:

The funny thing is that actually the explanations in that video all make sense. In the first one it wasn't the falling rule, so it was a judgement call (which you could easily debate if you want, hell I'd debate it, but you are arguing a different rule), the second one was clearly the falling to the ground rule, as was the third catch. 

Except for the fact that Tate went to the ground. The refs decided not to apply the "falling rule" because YOLO. It's a nonsensical rule that isn't enforced consistently or clearly. You can try to justify because it benefited your team, but the vast majority of NFL fans are irate and rightfully so.

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Bryant held Gilmore's arm down while making a catch, pushed off on another third down conversion, and half of Bell's runs were off of blatant holds. Don't see anyone crying about those plays...

You cannot be this obtuse...  Gilmore is very clearly holding Bryant's arm down. What advantage for Bryant have to hold GIlmore's arm down. Worry about your team missing the post-season again...

Archived