Su'a Cravens to return to Redskins? Or another team?

MikeT14

He was just the beginning of this nightmare year for this team after Scot!!!!! I like the player was excited to have him I think he and Nicholson and Swearinger could really allow this team to do some exotic things on the back end. But who knows this FO can’t get out of its own way even if it had guided strobe lights and a dummies guide to running a team they would make a mistake with this player

8 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Idc about craven he had one int and that's his career he should just go away 

And that career was 11 games with 3 starts. He also had 5 PD's. So, how many SS and ILB's have had that many in 2016/2017, exactly 1 - Compton had 5 in 15 games last season. Yep, I get being down on him for bailing on the team but stat wise I'm not holding that against him.

Would he quit on the team next year? He might and that's a worthwhile consideration - he did say he was thinking about 'retiring' last year when he left. He might leave the Skins holding the bag like he did last year. Look at how often Josh Gordon has disappointed in Cleveland. Closer to home, Tanard Jackson tossed a promising career out the window. Granted those guys had different issues but no respect for the game.

I'd (in the minority :ph34r:) take the chance in camp. People want a guy that can pass defend in that soft white underbelly of the Skins defensive backfield and this he can do.

32 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

And that career was 11 games with 3 starts. He also had 5 PD's. So, how many SS and ILB's have had that many in 2016/2017, exactly 1 - Compton had 5 in 15 games last season. Yep, I get being down on him for bailing on the team but stat wise I'm not holding that against him.

Would he quit on the team next year? He might and that's a worthwhile consideration - he did say he was thinking about 'retiring' last year when he left. He might leave the Skins holding the bag like he did last year. Look at how often Josh Gordon has disappointed in Cleveland. Closer to home, Tanard Jackson tossed a promising career out the window. Granted those guys had different issues but no respect for the game.

I'd (in the minority :ph34r:) take the chance in camp. People want a guy that can pass defend in that soft white underbelly of the Skins defensive backfield and this he can do.

Nah.  Trade this guy for whatever you can get and move on imo.

Interesting turn of events, So is this forum siding with Snyder & Allen on this eventhough we truly don’t know why Cravens was gone?

It was never reported why he left, no one would talk about it. I don’t know that we can say with 100% certainy that he just went awol because we don’t know that. He did have a conversation with Allen and Gruden before he left, I don’t know that we know what was said in that meeting.

We do know he wasn’t right and needed time to recover both physically and mentally.

I’m certainly not going to believe Snyder & Allen quite possibly the worst PR team in the history of the NFL and I’d hate to lose an ultra talented player on defense.

If he can still help us and wants to play they need to figure out a way to make that happen, if not, then move on but they need to explore all possibilities first.  I guarantee you a great and personable GM like McCloughan would, of course he’s gone so maybe you all will get your wish.

8 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

You know what they say about assu'aming but wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk to assu'age the Lockeroom. Not a good look to quit on your teammates 

Talent is talent.

I'd at least get to the mid-season trade deadline or the end of next season to rebuild the value some. 

4 hours ago, footy_29 said:

Talent is talent.

I'd at least get to the mid-season trade deadline or the end of next season to rebuild the value some. 

You’re going to trust this guy to show up on game day?  Sometimes there’s addition by subtraction.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Interesting turn of events, So is this forum siding with Snyder & Allen on this eventhough we truly don’t know why Cravens was gone?

It was never reported why he left, no one would talk about it. I don’t know that we can say with 100% certainy that he just went awol because we don’t know that. He did have a conversation with Allen and Gruden before he left, I don’t know that we know what was said in that meeting.

We do know he wasn’t right and needed time to recover both physically and mentally.

I’m certainly not going to believe Snyder & Allen quite possibly the worst PR team in the history of the NFL and I’d hate to lose an ultra talented player on defense.

If he can still help us and wants to play they need to figure out a way to make that happen, if not, then move on but they need to explore all possibilities first.  I guarantee you a great and personable GM like McCloughan would, of course he’s gone so maybe you all will get your wish.

Turtle,your defense of S'ua doesn't pass the smell test.

If S'ua was in the concussion protocol, NO AGENT WORTH THEIR SALT WOULD'VE LET THE TEAM PUT HIM ON THE "LEFT TEAM" LIST!

Now, I trust this F.O. as far as I can throw them. 

But...had he been dealing with an injury, he wouldve been put on IR (which is paid),  rather than the Reserve-Left Team list (unpaid).

And no agent would let a client be put on the unpaid list if they were injured and qualified for the paid list. And if the team tried to do it, they file a grievance. 

None of that was done.

So there's exactly ZERO chance that he didnt return to the team because of injury.

He quit on the team. Plain and simple. I dont want that in my lockerroom

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

You’re going to trust this guy to show up on game day?  Sometimes there’s addition by subtraction.

Exactly. I cant trust this guy is gonna line up week to week. What happens if he has a bad hair day and doesnt feel like playing?

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Turtle,your defense of S'ua doesn't pass the smell test.

If S'ua was in the concussion protocol, NO AGENT WORTH THEIR SALT WOULD'VE LET THE TEAM PUT HIM ON THE "LEFT TEAM" LIST!

Now, I trust this F.O. as far as I can throw them. 

But...had he been dealing with an injury, he wouldve been put on IR (which is paid),  rather than the Reserve-Left Team list (unpaid).

And no agent would let a client be put on the unpaid list if they were injured and qualified for the paid list. And if the team tried to do it, they file a grievance. 

None of that was done.

So there's exactly ZERO chance that he didnt return to the team because of injury.

He quit on the team. Plain and simple. I dont want that in my lockerroom

Beyond that the NFLPA would be suing the Redskins for not paying him.

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

he still has 3 years left if he comes back

Which is ANOTHER reason why the agent would've pushed for him to be put on IR instead of Reserve - Left Team. 

Reserve - Left Team he doesn't get paid and this year doesn't count on his contract.

IR - he gets paid and the year counts.

Archived