Signing Kaepernick, Another Veteran or Stick with Sudfeld as #2?

Nabbs4u

Was watching PFT and they brought up an interesting question. Why Not Sign Kapernick? If Foles gets hurt at any point in the next month and a 1/2, Nate Sudfeld is the Starting QB for a Home Playoff gm, Potentially a NFCCG ,god forbid a SB?? If signed it would give Kapernick a month/more to learn the offense before the Playoffs? 

Surely He'd be a better option then Nate Sudfeld? Surely his Playoff experience would be a plus? Surely a DC would have to waste more time Game Planning for Kap, then Sudfeld?  The only real Negative would be the 24/7 Media frenzy and constant Questions players would have to answer. However given our Locker Room Jenkins, Torrey specifically, would it matter? Would they care? Couldn't Pederson pull a Belicheck and Shut down any and all interviews of Colin by the press? After his first PC, he's not answering anymore questions? Opposite of a Jets Tim Tebow? Set the status quo message to be repeated for all other players?

He'd start as the #3 and either not see the field , work his way up to the #2 within weeks or God Forbid be asked to Start due to Injury. I get he hasn't played football all year but that's why you sign him now and bring him up to speed slowly like a Garrapolo in SF. 

I suggest this because at some point don't they have to sign a 3rd QB just in case regardless? It's not like Foles has been the picture of health? Isn't a Injury waiting to happen?  You can't wait until Sudfeld has to start before you bring someone in can you? Ask someone signed of the streets to potentially start/know the offense the following week? I don't think the backlash "now" would be as bad as say the Preseason before all of the other Player Demonstrations occured throughout the year. Philadelphia was the City that signed Mike Vick straight out of Prison, this should be a walk in the park really!

If not him , who? Dare I say Tony Romo? Would he even want to? Who?

Personally I've never rated Kaepernick as a quarterback.

However, I'd take a look at him. What is a Nate Sudfield? The time to do it would be now to bring him in and learn the offense.

Unfortunately, the media frenzy would a massive spotlight on a team that has been next man up all year, and the media would be calling for him to replace Foles.

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

I can't see it personally, but years ago I didn't see the Vick signing either. Guess we never know, but I highly doubt it. 

Because of the Media? Fan backlash? Both what? We have to sign someone. I don't think the cry for him to Start would happen Unless Foles straight up sucked for the next 3 weeks! However if that occurred is Sudfeld really the answer in the Playoffs? I actually think this scenario makes the most sense and wouldn't be viewed as negatively as most might think by the media, fans and players.

I'd sign Kaepernick.

At worst he's our third string QB behind Sudfeld if he sucks beyond all imagination. At best he runs around and makes plays with his legs while otherwise game managing. Our team doesn't need anyone to be a great QB. Just hand the ball off and make easy throws.

Honestly, if it gets to the point where we need to play someone like Kapernick the season is probably over and we're better off rolling with a young guy to see if there's anything there.

I'm 100% against Kap being on this team and I think that would push my fandom to the edge. 

If it was earlier in the season, I would say yes. All the media attention and drama would have been over, and there wouldn't be any distraction now that we are trying to make a playoff run. But if we bring him in now, the media circus is going to be in the locker-room everyday and it will cause a lot of distractions. 

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

If it was earlier in the season, I would say yes. All the media attention and drama would have been over, and there wouldn't be any distraction now that we are trying to make a playoff run. But if we bring him in now, the media circus is going to be in the locker-room everyday and it will cause a lot of distractions. 

I feel like all that controversy is sort of gone now, though. It could re-ignite but would it really be worse than Vick?

Eh I don’t see it going well 

i think our best chance is just to rally around Foles, if we bring Kaep in the narrative is going to distract....even if it is just a contingency plan

If Foles gets hurt in a week or two, then it opens up possibilities. I think they’d even look at recently retired guys too.

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Honestly, if it gets to the point where we need to play someone like Kapernick the season is probably over and we're better off rolling with a young guy to see if there's anything there.

I'm 100% against Kap being on this team and I think that would push my fandom to the edge. 

I respect/understand your hatred towards Kapernick much like I understood the Vick hatred years back. However you can't possibly think Nate Sudfeld is a better option "IF NEEDED" for a playoff run then Kap?

Or is it the idea Kapernick of all people in your mind can't be the one to help Philadelphia potentially host it's first Lombardi?

1 minute ago, Phire said:

I feel like all that controversy is sort of gone now, though. It could re-ignite but would it really be worse than Vick?

For certain portions of the fan base yes.

and it’s a national thing, so reporters and other fans will be driving it.

Even if it isn’t about the protests...the national people will be pushing the when will he start stuff. And skill wise he’s not all that much better than Foles. Once upon a time he was, but he regressed hard.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I respect/understand your hatred towards Kapernick much like I understood the Vick hatred years back. However you can't possibly think Nate Sudfeld is a better option "IF NEEDED" for a playoff run then Kap?

Or is it the idea Kapernick of all people in your mind can't be the one to help Philadelphia potentially host it's first Lombardi?

Like I said, if it gets to Kap the dream is over. Neither Kap, nor Sudfeld, is going to lead us to the Super Bowl. So why take on the backlash and media controversy? 

Regardless, Kap isn't signing in Philly, so we can all go back and forth but it's simply not realistic. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Eh I don’t see it going well 

i think our best chance is just to rally around Foles, if we bring Kaep in the narrative is going to distract....even if it is just a contingency plan

If Foles gets hurt in a week or two, then it opens up possibilities. I think they’d even look at recently retired guys too.

This is where I disagree. You can't wait until he's forced to Start straight off the streets. One snap away from being asked to start without knowing the verbage, the playbook, the players. That would be a catastrophy! Sign him now , he sits and learns. Whether it's him or someone else. Problem is, the Entire world knows, besides Romo he the BPA!!

Archived