The Offseason

Acgott

Sterling Shepard signed with the Bucs, which is very surprising for many reasons. I thought he’ll retire and to get signed before Adoree as well. I doubt he makes it to their 53 though, but good for him to keep playing.

21 hours ago, Acgott said:

Sterling Shepard signed with the Bucs, which is very surprising for many reasons. I thought he’ll retire and to get signed before Adoree as well. I doubt he makes it to their 53 though, but good for him to keep playing.

Their WR depth is surprisingly thinner than I thought. Obviously they have Godwin and Evans. Trey Palmer had some nice plays last year. They drafted Jalen McMillan in the 3rd round this year. Beyond that, nobody sticks out. He might make the team as their 5th WR. 

He doesn't play or contribute on special teams though, and I'm not sure if you keep someone as your 5th WR if they don't.

It's very early, but Art seems to think this UDFA from Wyoming/Holy Cross Ayir Asante has a chance to make the 53. Might we actually have a good WR room this year finally? They're young, but there's a ton of talent, potential, and pedigree now there as well.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

It's very early, but Art seems to think this UDFA from Wyoming/Holy Cross Ayir Asante has a chance to make the 53. Might we actually have a good WR room this year finally? They're young, but there's a ton of talent, potential, and pedigree now there as well.

Him and Ford-Wheaton will compete for training camp favorite who we only hear about in August.

The receivers are least of my concern on the offense. I just hope we have a QB that has protection and can get them the ball.

• Like 2

Took him long enough. It's just one problem after another with this guy (turned out the injury concerns were only the tip of the iceberg) and he was holding up the team.

Now he's gone, the TEs who want to play are still here, and we can move forward. What a relief.

Edited by y*so*blu

Would have been nice to have that money back when impact free agents were available. Now it's only going to be useful to sign a salary cap casualty or for interseason injury management signings.

Someone on X said Wallers tenure with the Giants will be remembered for one preseason where he was uncoverable. Hopefully this bad trade results in an emerging star TE in Theo Johnson. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would have been nice to have that money back when impact free agents were available. Now it's only going to be useful to sign a salary cap casualty or for interseason injury management signings.

It actually kind of lines up decently well; the Giants need a veteran CB badly, and there are a bunch available. That's where this money should be spent, IMO. 

Some combination of Bellinger, Theo Johnson, Jack Stoll, Lawrence Cager, and Chris Manhertz can hold down the TE position just fine.

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

It actually kind of lines up decently well; the Giants need a veteran CB badly, and there are a bunch available. That's where this money should be spent, IMO. 

Some combination of Bellinger, Theo Johnson, Jack Stoll, Lawrence Cager, and Chris Manhertz can hold down the TE position just fine.

Gilmore? K'Waun Williams? Xavien Howard probably too expensive. JC Jackson had mental health issues but could be an absolute steal if he got healthy again. 

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Gilmore? K'Waun Williams? Xavien Howard probably too expensive. JC Jackson had mental health issues but could be an absolute steal if he got healthy again. 

Gilmore, Howard, or bring Adoree back. Would have included Steven Nelson as well, but he just announced his retirement today.

I know all talks from camp so far are that the Giants have a lot of faith in Cor'Dale Flott, but I cannot get behind a boundary defender that weights 170 pounds. Good teams are going to exploit that every play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...