2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If we're using a lot of 3 man fronts, he'd start at an important position, so I don't see the problem.
Newton would be noticeably better than Milton Williams as a 3/4 DE. Newton is a beast.

You're not WRONG. I'm just fatigued on the idea.

Like... for once, ONCE, I just don't want a trenches player in round 1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Newton is a good player and I have a first round grade on him, but I will kick Jeffery Lurie's dog if we go IDL for the 3rd year in a row.

You are talking to Jeezla who Milton Williams clearly banged his girlfriend on several occasions. 🤣

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Been a while since I have done one, a different approach, like the results.

No description available.

I like Haynes, still feel 33 is a bit rich for him.
We're Eagles fans, therefore we love Coop
You already know how I feel about Corley. Just not my cup of tea, but I definitely could be wrong.
Kneeland at 65? I can get behind that. Not super into the player, but that's solid value there I think.
I'm a big Jaden Hicks fan, he feels like one of those guys that's primed to be a big steal for whatever team takes him IMO.
Don't know anything about Delmar
Ray Davis.. only question would be what other RBs were on the board at this time? I think he's a solid pick, could spell Barkley and give him a breather, not a believer in Gainwell and this is his last year under contract before he walks.
Prince and Jackson I don't know anything about.
Love the raw athletic profile of DeCamerion Richardson

Extra 3rd next year is nice too.

I just saw you got Coop at 52. and not at 50... what's up with that?

4 hours ago, downundermike said:
5 hours ago, Danger said:

I’m a big Jaden Hicks fan

I am from WSU country.  This makes my heart happy.

If he's as good as you think he is, he probably won't be there in round 4. That's more Taylor-Demerson territory. Hicks should go round 3.

Safety round 1? DeJean.
Safety round 2? Nubin. (I think he might be more of a round 3 guy. Too bad he couldn't do athletic testing).
Safety round 3? Hicks.
Safety round 4? Taylor-Demerson.
Safety round 5? Stiggers.
Safety round 6 or later? Eesh.

Edited by Jeezla

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

Been a while since I have done one, a different approach, like the results.

No description available.

I hate trading down.
Get one player now for this team.
Hopefully get another.

Populating the roster with "can be's" is a waste of time.
Backfill the team with later picks.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

If he's as good as you think he is, he probably won't be there in round 4. That's more Taylor-Demerson territory. Hicks should go round 3.

Safety round 1? DeJean.
Safety round 2? Nubin. (I think he might be more of a round 3 guy. Too bad he couldn't do athletic testing).
Safety round 3? Hicks.
Safety round 4? Taylor-Demerson.
Safety round 5? Stiggers.
Safety round 6 or later? Eesh.

Right now, I can't see us taking a safety in round 2. Nubins athletic profile doesn't work for our current MO

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Right now, I can't see us taking a safety in round 2. Nubins athletic profile doesn't work for our current MO

Agreed. I'd be shocked if we took one. If we take one it'll be day 3. Probably with one of the 5ths. Although I do disagree with this notion. There's a cluster of rounds 2-4 guys I really like. The fact that we dont know how long CGJ will be here (apparently his contract has a 1 year structure), Brown coming off an ACL certainly gives me some pause, and Blankenship while I like, can certainly be upgraded upon. There's a spot for another significant safety on this roster. Another long term starter resource is warranted with all of the longevity uncertainty surrounding our current group.

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Kneeland at 65? I can get behind that. Not super into the player, but that's solid value there I think.

I don't think the value is that great. I wanted to like Kneeland because of his arm length and testing numbers, but I saw nothing special on his youtube tape. Looked like a 4th round guy to me. Definitely more of a pressure guy than a sack artist. Middle class mans Derek Barnett.

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Danger said:

I agree. Just saying those are the best safeties in each of those rounds, although Bullard > Nubin in certain schemes.

Our current MO ain't working. Hopefully Fangio will help fix that. Right now, Chop Robinson is the guy that fits our MO.

Edited by Jeezla

41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think the value is that great. I wanted to like Kneeland because of his arm length and testing numbers, but I saw nothing special on his youtube tape. Looked like a 4th round guy to me. Definitely more of a pressure guy than a sack artist. Middle class mans Derek Barnett.

His pass rush repertoire leaves something to be desired.  He interestingly seems to excell at play recognition and pursuit.  He looks like a day 2 guy for sure even if he's not going to be a guy that ever gets a ton of sacks.

11 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I hate trading down.
Get one player now for this team.
Hopefully get another.

Populating the roster with "can be's" is a waste of time.
Backfill the team with later picks.

Depends on the situation.  Howie has typically done best when he has traded up in the 1st Rd though.  There's definitely no reason to force a pick if their board gets decimated.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

His pass rush repertoire leaves something to be desired.  He interestingly seems to excell at play recognition and pursuit.  He looks like a day 2 guy for sure even if he's not going to be a guy that ever gets a ton of sacks.

I think he's more early day 3 kind of guy that looks better than he is because this class is devoid of 260+ pound pass rushers.