2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Taliese Fuaga remotely comes within striking distance,  Howie will pounce and trade up or draft him as Lane's replacement and become the RG for the next 1-2 years until Lane retires. 

Zero doubt in my mind. 

People won't like it, people will *****,it's not the sexy pick  but it makes perfect sense to me TBH. 

In a matter of 3-4 seasons 90% if not the entire Eagles OL that has been touted as Elite for over a decade would of been adequately and properly replaced thru the draft for the next decade!

Peters-Mailata

Seomalu-Dickerson 

Kelce-Jurgens

Brooks- Fuaga (24/25)/Steen/25'???

Johnson- Fuaga

That is Howie in a nutshell,  always playing the long game. Not the immediate satisfaction most of you allways want.

Chess>Checkers

My question...If Kelce officially retires...Do we want Jurgens to move to C or Stay at G? Could We draft a C instead? and Keep Jurgens where hes been for a whole season already...Also W/ The Injury Concerns, Wouldn't you want your C to be one of your healthies guys so wouldn't it make sense to DRAFT a C in say Jackson Powers-Johnson or Sedrick Van Pran or do we move Jurgens to C? Just a thought. 

Also Jackson Powers Johnson has played both C/G so you would gain that versatility just like with Jurgens and Dickerson if you wanted that option. 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

My question...If Kelce officially retires...Do we want Jurgens to move to C or Stay at G? Could We draft a C instead? and Keep Jurgens where hes been for a whole season already...Also W/ The Injury Concerns, Wouldn't you want your C to be one of your healthies guys so wouldn't it make sense to DRAFT a C in say Jackson Powers-Johnson or Sedrick Van Pran or do we move Jurgens to C? Just a thought. 

Also Jackson Powers Johnson has played both C/G so you would gain that versatility just like with Jurgens and Dickerson if you wanted that option. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if either were on the board, Howie drafted. Guess it depends on their overall views on Steen but we drafted Duckerson to replace Kelce,  not knowing he'd play2-3 more years. 

Drafted Jurgens because Landon was a AP at LG, not knowing  Kelce would play 2-3 more years. I'd prefer Jurgens at OC, because I think he struggled at RG. However Power's is a different animal. 

People won't like it but reading youth on th OL Isa necessity with 2 HOF retiring in the next 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if either were on the board, Howie drafted. Guess it depends on their overall views on Steen but we drafted Duckerson to replace Kelce,  not knowing he'd play2-3 more years. 

Drafted Jurgens because Landon was a AP at LG, not knowing  Kelce would play 2-3 more years. I'd prefer Jurgens at OC, because I think he struggled at RG. However Power's is a different animal. 

People won't like it but reading youth on th OL Isa necessity with 2 HOF retiring in the next 2 years. 

So you would prioritize a Guard over a Center then? So Jurgens can kick in to Center? Who is your top Guards currently?

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So you would prioritize a Guard over a Center then? So Jurgens can kick in to Center? Who is your top Guards currently?

In a vacuum, I'd rather have Jurgens go back to Center given that's what Kelce hand picked him for. I think it's easier to train up a guard, then it would be to find a suitable replacement for a Hall of Fame Center. But if a prospect like Austin Powers Johnson is there at our pick in the 2nd, it's worth some consideration. 

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No, I'd prefer a RT who could play RG like Fuaga if there. This way he kicks out as Lanes replacement via injury or retirement. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

As unrealistic as it is I want kinchens. Looks the part and I think he’d bring something special to the secondary. I do think Blankenship might be best as a high end 3rd safety 

I wonder if he'll be there with our first second round pick. He'd be a trade down option for sure. Seems like the book on him is his ranginess but he's skinny. Him, Brown and Blankenship could be nice.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wonder if he'll be there with our first second round pick. He'd be a trade down option for sure. Seems like the book on him is his ranginess but he's skinny. Him, Brown and Blankenship could be nice.

I think he goes late 20s early to mid 30s

I think my biggest concern is fangio though. He famously doesn’t play young players. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think he goes late 20s early to mid 30s

I think my biggest concern is fangio though. He famously doesn’t play young players. 

Agreed. From listening to experts on the Fangio scheme, seems like the safeties are the stars of the show. So I expect us to make a significant move there regardless.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Agreed. From listening to experts on the Fangio scheme, seems like the safeties are the stars of the show. So I expect us to make a significant move there regardless.

I would say not just Safeties but the ILB as well. Seems like he prioritizes the Center of the Field. Which maybe maybe helps us address the horrible LB room we have. as well as adding a safety. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I would say not just Safeties but the ILB as well. Seems like he prioritizes the Center of the Field. Which maybe maybe helps us address the horrible LB room we have. as well as adding a safety. 

I think nakobe dean is going to be a starter 100%. At least based on how howie talked about him so my hope is they spend a lot of money on safety. Try to recreate McLeod and jenkins

41 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think nakobe dean is going to be a starter 100%. At least based on how howie talked about him so my hope is they spend a lot of money on safety. Try to recreate McLeod and jenkins

Boy you’re barking up the wrong tree on this one. 

2 hours ago, Last Stand said:

About nakobe or having 2 great safeties? Lol

nakobe is not what I want, it’s what I think is going to happen

Our little @IrishHooligan00 will not entertain a thought that McLeod was anything more than a waiter that somehow was mistaken for a footballer.