Orioles Asking for Offers on Machado

mission27

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Per Rosenthal...

Yankees suddenly have a hole at third base...

Just posted that in the hot stove thread.  The Machado part, anyway.  Can't even imagine what the interdivision cost would be to acquire Machado, even for only 1 year.  

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Torres, Frazier, Adamns, Andujar, Betances

I mean tbh Torres alone has significantly more trade value than Machado.  My guess is we would offer something around a couple of young pitchers plus another top-100 ish guys like Frazier or Andujar.

Orioles prerogative not to trade him within the division but the Yankees do seem like a hell of a fit... think about Os front office...

I mean tbh Torres alone has significantly more trade value than Machado.  My guess is we would offer something around a couple of young pitchers plus another top-100 ish guys like Frazier or Andujar.

Orioles prerogative not to trade him within the division but the Yankees do seem like a hell of a fit... think about Os front office...

Idc who the hell we give up. Manny Machado in our line up is a DREAM.

Just now, mission27 said:

Given that there will almost surely be plenty of suitors in a potential Machado trade, you have to imagine that it would take a huge overpay from the Yankees to get the Orioles to even consider it.  

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Given that there will almost surely be plenty of suitors in a potential Machado trade, you have to imagine that it would take a huge overpay from the Yankees to get the Orioles to even consider it.  

Agreed but what is the price of one year of Manny Machado?  

They aren’t going to get an elite prospect.  Only chance I see is it the Nats decide they need to go all in for their last year of BH and trade Robles but that’s also a stretch.

Agreed but what is the price of one year of Manny Machado?  

They aren’t going to get an elite prospect.  Only chance I see is it the Nats decide they need to go all in for their last year of BH and trade Robles but that’s also a stretch.

I feel the same.  But the package you suggested is probably about what he is actually worth.  Gonna have to add substantially to that to get the O's to come to the table with the Yanks.  Essentially, there isn't much of a chance of it happening, IMO.

7 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The two best fits by far are the Yankees and Sox.  Maybe Boston isn’t as bad for them as NY.

I hate to say it, but St. Louis is easily the best fit as far as needing the player and for what they can offer.  They have the pitching that the O's want, and way more of it than either the Yanks or Sox.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I feel the same.  But the package you suggested is probably about what he is actually worth.  Gonna have to add substantially to that to get the O's to come to the table with the Yanks.  Essentially, there isn't much of a chance of it happening, IMO.

Maybe I’m overvaluing those guys or their stock has fallen, I would’ve thought the price was 2-3 top 100 prospects or a couple solid young MLB players given it’s just a rental.  My sense is Frazier and Adams still have top-25 or 30 prospect value but who knows. 

What about the Indians?

Archived