Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches

Madmike90

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

One thing is for sure...whoever the next OC is will be a big indication of what we are doing at QB moving forward.

I don’t know that that’s the case - we need someone who has shown the ability to develop a QB regardless. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that that’s the case - we need someone who has shown the ability to develop a QB regardless. 

Of course but say it's Greg Roman or Kevin Patullo that is a strong indication it will be Fields IMO...

Could be a coach from any scheme with Caleb because you can build around him.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Of course but say it's Greg Roman or Kevin Patullo that is a strong indication it will be Fields IMO...

Could be a coach from any scheme with Caleb because you can build around him.

As long as we pick a coach who is willing and able to adapt. We don't need to repeat the Nagy / Getsy thing where we try to turn a QB into something that he isn't. It's for this reason I don't want Arthur Smith. Say what you will about his work in Tennessee, in Atlanta he repeatedly showed an inability to think on his feet and change his scheme and the gameplan. Bijan's usage this year and Pitts' usage over his entire career are a testament to this.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

Your point being?

If he was truly forced, this was his chance after 65 hours of deliberating to lay his sack on the table and fire him. Instead he kept him. Why? Because he wasn't forced. He loved Eberflus then and loves him now

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

If he was truly forced, this was his chance after 65 hours of deliberating to lay his sack on the table and fire him. Instead he kept him. Why? Because he wasn't forced. He loved Eberflus then and loves him now

Okay?

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

Okay?

When they fire him after 2024 after selecting a rookie QB in top 10 and then the new regime in 2025 wants a fresh start at QB and we all complain about the process, just remember that the McCaskey's meddle no matter what the "tough ***" new president crams down your throat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

As long as we pick a coach who is willing and able to adapt. We don't need to repeat the Nagy / Getsy thing where we try to turn a QB into something that he isn't. It's for this reason I don't want Arthur Smith. Say what you will about his work in Tennessee, in Atlanta he repeatedly showed an inability to think on his feet and change his scheme and the gameplan. Bijan's usage this year and Pitts' usage over his entire career are a testament to this.

This is a really good point about what the Bears hopefully value, especially given how poorly their arranged marriages between OC and QB have worked out.  And the usage of Pitts is the exact reason I don't like Smith even though a couple years ago I thought he may have made a good HC.  Both keeping Fields or drafting Williams is going to require an adaptable scheme;  either to ease Williams in and hopefully build a structure that works for him, or calling plays that work with what Fields does well instead of a Bagent offense with a run or ten. 

Just now, beardown3231 said:

When they fire him after 2024 after selecting a rookie QB in top 10 and then the new regime in 2025 wants a fresh start at QB and we all complain about the process, just remember that the McCaskey's meddle no matter what the "tough ***" new president crams down your throat

You may be correct here but I will personally cross the bridge when I get there. Otherwise, you set yourself up for ulcers and IBS. Is that what you want?

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

You may be correct here but I will personally cross the bridge when I get there. Otherwise, you set yourself up for ulcers and IBS. Is that what you want?

I've been a Bears fan for a long time. If I don't have ulcers now, I'll never get them

Personally I hope Williams stays in school (he won't) and forces the Bears to roll with Fields and Tyler Huntley or some ****

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I've been a Bears fan for a long time. If I don't have ulcers now, I'll never get them

Personally I hope Williams stays in school (he won't) and forces the Bears to roll with Fields and Tyler Huntley or some ****

I never gave the rumors he might stay or Manningify his way into some sort of draft trade, but if you were going to assess your situations going into the NFL you would have to at least be a bit concerned about the Bears prospects to develop a rookie QB right now.   One way out would be reaching out to the Bears and at least seeing what they're thinking and suggesting you'd like to have a smooth transition if they have any interest in picking your son/client first overall.