Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches

Madmike90

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Weird they are going so far down this rabbit hole instead of letting the new OC make these decisions.  

Truth be told if I were an OC I would want to have full say over my staff...

Could also be that the feedback from the players was so bad that they felt this was the right course of action...IMO Chris Morgan has always seemed like a favorite of Flus' so will be interesting to see if he is gone.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Could also be that the feedback from the players was so bad that they felt this was the right course of action...IMO Chris Morgan has always seemed like a favorite of Flus' so will be interesting to see if he is gone.

Right, but say new OC likes one of these guys they fired, you can't really hire them back afterwards.  Just let him pick and choose who and fire everyone else.  No real downside to waiting unless you are going to rush to hire someone before he takes another job.

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Right, but say new OC likes one of these guys they fired, you can't really hire them back afterwards.  Just let him pick and choose who and fire everyone else.  No real downside to waiting unless you are going to rush to hire someone before he takes another job.

I'll be honest I'm just not buying that anyone would want to stand on the table for any of these coaches...also might be an indication of they have a really good idea who they want at OC and who they would bring with them already.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Morgan is an interesting one. I honestly think when the ol was healthy they performed really well and bought a ton of time for Fields, like decades back there. 

46 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Welp.  I think this is a bad decision, but who do we like as OC possibilities?  

If we keep Fields I think Roman as my top choice, or Patulo from PHI.  If we're drafting some poor bastard to be the latest QB on the list I'm less sure of which way to go.  Reich I guess? At least they should still have Bevell in the Rolodex AND that dude keeps being an interim head coach for late season firings so at least we'd have that?

If they hire Roman I think that is a sign that Fields is staying as he designed the initial Jackson hybrid NFL offense.

I would note that Raven fans hated him at end and thought he was the worst for at least his last two season.  I would also note that fans that follow closely like on this board are often correct on insights.

I think Flus will be pounding table for Reich. 

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He can't be right about everything. I can think of a few things he's been right about off of the top of my head

I think the guy has been good overall. Just laughing at the Ted remark more than anything, I know Ted was referenced as his source on the board recently

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

DBB has a valid source in Halas.  He has proven it again. 

Im pretty sure they know who it is, which is why his scoops are coming closer and closer to when they actually break to the public. 

(they can also use that as an advantage to spread some ideas out there, which many of the fan base are already falling for)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think the guy has been good overall. Just laughing at the Ted remark more than anything, I know Ted was referenced as his source on the board recently

That could be a false flag.  Ted is still on board I believe.   He could be his source.

He obviously has a source.  I think the source feeds information with permission though.  That is how a lot of sources work.  Rapport and Schefter get purposely fed a lot of things.  

Info leaks aren't clandestine most of the time.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That could be a false flag.  Ted is still on board I believe.   He could be his source.

He obviously has a source.  I think the source feeds information with permission though.  That is how a lot of sources work.  Rapport and Schefter get purposely fed a lot of things.  

Info leaks aren't clandestine most of the time.

I certainly wouldn't believe anything leaked at this point,  in fact I would take any "news" in the context of the Bears trying to pump interest in either the #1 pick, Fields or both.  Unless it's Sportsmockery, in which case we know it's flat nuts.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bingo, once you know who a leak/source is, you can use them to your advantage. Feed them the stuff that is going to be public anyway, just do it alittle earlier (like Woj tipping draft picks) and then you can let float a few more "the feeling in the building" or "the winds are blowing this way" to see how people react and/or to make your opponents believe one way since that source has proven their credibility on other things. And then when they dont happen, or work to your advantage, just play the 'material change' card

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Bingo, once you know who a leak/source is, you can use them to your advantage. Feed them the stuff that is going to be public anyway, just do it alittle earlier (like Woj tipping draft picks) and then you can let float a few more "the feeling in the building" or "the winds are blowing this way" to see how people react and/or to make your opponents believe one way since that source has proven their credibility on other things. And then when they dont happen, or work to your advantage, just play the 'material change' card

I do think there is a strategic element to having known leaks in the building.  I would push back as to whether they pay any attention to the feedback however.  I cannot imagine besides yourself-and I don't mean this in a mean way-there is much fan support for this approach.  

• Like 1