Jump to content

Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches


Madmike90

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

What song is linked to your MySpace account? Does the page have a Bears-themed skin on it? THE FORUM NEEDS TO KNOW! 

I was kind of a class clown so I think it was Sir Mix a Lot "I Like Big Butts" before I got locked out. That or when I lost the password it might have been a certain Rodney Carrington song where he rights a letter to his member... 

No clue on the theme. I use to change it weekly and I'm pretty sure that's when my password got leaked. I know I had several Bears ones, but also had one of Arnold, Griffey, Pujols, had one of DX from the WWF days, a bunch of bands, and so on. 

I was a clown, but a clown of culture and diversity. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was kind of a class clown so I think it was Sir Mix a Lot "I Like Big Butts" before I got locked out. That or when I lost the password it might have been a certain Rodney Carrington song where he rights a letter to his member... 

No clue on the theme. I use to change it weekly and I'm pretty sure that's when my password got leaked. I know I had several Bears ones, but also had one of Arnold, Griffey, Pujols, had one of DX from the WWF days, a bunch of bands, and so on. 

I was a clown, but a clown of culture and diversity. 

Nice! I’m pretty sure when I abandoned mine it had an ASU theme to it and Santeria by Sublime. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Was it a George thing? "Maybe we need guys from there to beat them" or something?

I’ve never been given exactly who said it, just “from the top” when the last search happened. 

I’ve always kind of assumed it was from “George” with the heavy hand of Ted guiding him. 

Just that that offense had beaten us so many times, and other coaches have gone off to success so it “must be the key” type of thinking 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Read between the lines... No wonder Getsy got fired

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1-R60Avrqf/?igsh=MWp3czBueXRyam9pNg==

 

Is that likely a reaction about Getty? Yes. But I could definitely see it as a no comment on something with Mooney as well and they don’t want to say anything about him when he’s trying to make money.  But it’s most likely a Getsy thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Amon-Ra kept saying "and when he was open, he was missed." That sounds more like a shot at Fields, no?

Yep. They both got shots. Mooney and Fields for some reason just never could connect. He's not a #1 but he sure as hell isn't some bum. I'd like to see him go to a heavy passing offense like KC, HOU, LAC, or BUF after Davis gets paid elsewhere,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Amon-Ra kept saying "and when he was open, he was missed." That sounds more like a shot at Fields, no?

You have to look at the premise of the question: "Why don't you guys throw him the ball?" and recall how Mooney bit his tongue when asked if this was the right offense for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sugashane said:

Yep. They both got shots. Mooney and Fields for some reason just never could connect. He's not a #1 but he sure as hell isn't some bum. I'd like to see him go to a heavy passing offense like KC, HOU, LAC, or BUF after Davis gets paid elsewhere,

I could see him in KC

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. They both got shots. Mooney and Fields for some reason just never could connect. He's not a #1 but he sure as hell isn't some bum. I'd like to see him go to a heavy passing offense like KC, HOU, LAC, or BUF after Davis gets paid elsewhere,

That is one thing I'll never understand,  it's like JF and Mooney had Benjamin Button chemistry that just got worse every year.  The only logical reason I could see was Mooney's injury making him off the pace that Fields was expecting, but that was weird. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone is commenting about how having a really good OC and then losing him is either no big deal or a problem people want since we rarely have one.  

I am just thinking that Shanahan, LaFluer and McVay lose their guys every year and it doesn't matter.   Their plays stay same.  Their QB has continuity.  

Yeah a lot of teams don’t do it that way as several have pointed out to me.  But I would rather have that given the choice.

Trick is finding the guy who isn’t just a good OC but can handle the admin part and game day part too.  And that wasn’t riding coattails of someone else, like the HC or the QB.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone is commenting about how having a really good OC and then losing him is either no big deal or a problem people want since we rarely have one.  

I am just thinking that Shanahan, LaFluer and McVay lose their guys every year and it doesn't matter.   Their plays stay same.  Their QB has continuity.  

Yeah a lot of teams don’t do it that way as several have pointed out to me.  But I would rather have that given the choice.

Trick is finding the guy who isn’t just a good OC but can handle the admin part and game day part too.  And that wasn’t riding coattails of someone else, like the HC or the QB.  

Good points. This is why I think Shane Waldron is a good candidate for Bears

He's done it for a few years now under another defensive coach in Pete Carroll. Has experience with McVay and Belichick. That's good company to be a part of.

He's also showed he's perfectly capable of handling that side of the ball on his own

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...