Leisher's 2018 Packers Mock #3

jleisher

Only thing about Peppers vs Bulaga is that Peppers has never been hurt. But I don't think Bulaga is dependent on his athleticism, he will survive as a technician imo. I do have the feeling that we are approaching Jake Long territory, 1 or 2 more significant injuries to Bulaga and he will be done in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Only thing about Peppers vs Bulaga is that Peppers has never been hurt. But I don't think Bulaga is dependent on his athleticism, he will survive as a technician imo. I do have the feeling that we are approaching Jake Long territory, 1 or 2 more significant injuries to Bulaga and he will be done in the NFL.

Possible on the Bulaga/Long thing. I think the difference there was that Long had structural issues where s Bulaga's ACLs have been apparently about as clean an ACL tear as a 300 pound man can suffer. Not saying there isn't a whole lot of scar tissue building up in those knees, but I haven't heard any reports of meniscus damage which is usually the kiss of death. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

Nitpick time.

I think Moss has done a good job with the talent given honestly.

I might be alone but I don't see a chance in hell Ty goes back to wr in any real way

Norm, I never really thought of Montgomery going back to WR either but what about him sliding into Cobb's slot position? Boy, I think he'd be pretty dang good there. 

7 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Norm, I never really thought of Montgomery going back to WR either but what about him sliding into Cobb's slot position? Boy, I think he'd be pretty dang good there. 

I think he'd be pretty tight these days after he built up to be a RB. He kind of was anyways. 

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It all ultimately comes back to the FA call. Mom gave you $500 to spend at the toy store and you picked out a handful of 99 cent hotwheel cars and a pack of skittles. If you have the money, why not keep Bulaga, unless you think Evans, Spriggs, and Murphy are all better than he is?

My thinking was, since Lang and Sitton are gone, that would leave Bulaga as the old man.  With his past history of injuries and Spriggs looking good at RT, now would be the time to complete the OLine makeover.  Leaving Bak as the old man now.  Your line would be Bak-Taylor-Linsley-Evans-Spriggs in 2018, with Jones sliding in at RT or RG in 2019. You also have to consider, we have a certain #12 that will be needing a new contract.  

5 hours ago, jleisher said:

My thinking was, since Lang and Sitton are gone, that would leave Bulaga as the old man.  With his past history of injuries and Spriggs looking good at RT, now would be the time to complete the OLine makeover.  Leaving Bak as the old man now.  Your line would be Bak-Taylor-Linsley-Evans-Spriggs in 2018, with Jones sliding in at RT or RG in 2019. You also have to consider, we have a certain #12 that will be needing a new contract.  

Bryan Bulaga is 28.

David Bakhtiari is 26.

Jahri Evans is 34.

With the cap space you're leaving open, you could sign Rodgers for 2+ seasons even at the pants on head retarded numbers he's likely to ask for. 

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bryan Bulaga is 28.

David Bakhtiari is 26.

Jahri Evans is 34.

With the cap space you're leaving open, you could sign Rodgers for 2+ seasons even at the pants on head retarded numbers he's likely to ask for. 

The only question I have with Bulaga is will all these injuries to his legs limit his quickness to the point where he needs to move inside because he can’t guard the edge anymore. With what they ask their guards to do I feel that may be where he finishes his career. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

The only question I have with Bulaga is will all these injuries to his legs limit his quickness to the point where he needs to move inside because he can’t guard the edge anymore. With what they ask their guards to do I feel that may be where he finishes his career. 

I think at the point that Bulaga no longer has his first step going backwards, he's probably not going to have his first step going forward either. At that point he's no longer going to be able to hit that first step in the zone blocking looks you need from your guards. At that point he's probably done. 

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think at the point that Bulaga no longer has his first step going backwards, he's probably not going to have his first step going forward either. At that point he's no longer going to be able to hit that first step in the zone blocking looks you need from your guards. At that point he's probably done. 

It’s a lot different going backwards than forwards. I feel it’s harder on the knees pushing back. Speaking from a perspective of a torn ACL myself. Maybe everyone is different with that injury as well. 

Archived