New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

29 minutes ago, G08 said:

I like the thought process but is Scangarello any good?

I saw a different version of the tweet where someone said "Caleb's already getting a head start on being an NFL bust!", so I feel like people are pretty polarized on him

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I like the thought process but is Scangarello any good?

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I saw a different version of the tweet where someone said "Caleb's already getting a head start on being an NFL bust!", so I feel like people are pretty polarized on him

If the consensus #1 player in the draft is training with him you’d have to think he’s got some ability as a QB coach. I’m not advocating for anything specific here. I’m just floating an outside-the-box idea. 

You can get some idea of how good he is as a qb coach when we eventually work Caleb out....

I don't remember a single play USC did from a formation other than shotgun off hand......  He'll undoubtedly be practicing taking snaps from under center and his dropbacks.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I didn't say they were good just that he had experience hahahaha

In saying that the horse had already shat by that point and Carolina were cooked.

Ya but his experience calling plays is short and anything but impressive

For OC I'd prefer someone who's had a little more of a resume and track record 

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised Bieniemy's name hasn't surfaced in the Bears OC search given he's available and that Poles has connections to him from their time in KC...even just to bring him in to do your due diligence 

I mean they brought Roman in who's not a Shanahan/McVay tree guy so can't say it's because of that 

🤔

35 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm a little surprised Bieniemy's name hasn't surfaced in the Bears OC search given he's available and that Poles has connections to him from their time in KC...even just to bring him in to do your due diligence 

I mean they brought Roman in who's not a Shanahan/McVay tree guy so can't say it's because of that 

🤔

Bieniemy finally got a year away from Reid and Mahomes, and his offense was 25th in points, 24th in yards, and was last in the league in rushing attempts. His starting QB led the league in INTs and was benched multiple times. At least some of that is not his fault (Howell is JAG as are their RBs) but at the same time it’s not going to be a good look for him either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Don’t mind them interviewing as many people as possible…

That said Brady would be my first real no when it comes to an actual hire.

Then you can be sure its who they will hire...

Makes sense why we're doing this... I hope the person we identify as our top choice wants to be with us and not wait for other opportunities.

I'd HAVE to think the chance to work with Caleb Williams is all the reason they need to come here.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Makes sense why we're doing this... I hope the person we identify as our top choice wants to be with us and not wait for other opportunities.

Those HC opening are probably why we are in this holding pattern. My guess is that everyone is waiting on Harbaugh, then Belichick, and after that the flood gates will open.

It is strange that Vrabel has been nearly unheard from this entire time