New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Those HC opening are probably why we are in this holding pattern. My guess is that everyone is waiting on Harbaugh, then Belichick, and after that the flood gates will open.

It is strange that Vrabel has been nearly unheard from this entire time

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Interview…gain intel on Caleb…ask him if he wants to be an NFL QB coach not an OC.

That is a lot of supposition.

But interviewing both Roman (Fields) and Kingsbury (Caleb) sure keeps people guessing.

The goal for max value at this time is for people to not know what you really want to do. 

I think Poles has already decided or more accurately is leaning strongly in a direction and just doing his due diligence.

• Like 1

Yeah Kliff is arguably the single most important interview, regardless of whether he's the OC or not, if Caleb is eventually the pick. 

-worked directly with caleb and can give info

-experience trying to develop an air raid style qb in the nfl

-experience trying to convert an air raid styled offense to the nfl

Those three factors alone make him invaluable in this process, just from an information gathering standpoint. 

Now if he actually became our OC, I think there's another potentially helpful factor:

-he's already been a head coach and it didn't work out.....meaning he'd be more likely to stick around if there's success here as he's less likely to be given a shot at a promotion.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Interview…gain intel on Caleb…ask him if he wants to be an NFL QB coach not an OC.

I’m pretty sure he’s still getting HC money from AZ this year with offset language. If he took either our OC or QB coach job in 2024 I think he’d be doing it for free. That would seem unlikely.

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m pretty sure he’s still getting HC money from AZ this year with offset language. If he took either our OC or QB coach job in 2024 I think he’d be doing it for free. That would seem unlikely.

If he does it it is only to regain relevance for a future HC gig, college or pros.

An interesting factor in the Kliff Kingsbury interview..... is that we heard about it at all...

The Bears are under no obligations to announce they where even considering him (and didn't officially announce it).

This was a story intentionally leaked to media.... by either the Bears themselves (to help obfuscate our plans), Kliff's people (to show other teams he's "in demand"), or by some leaker inside Halas.

None it really matters all that much for us fans..... but it is curious, because there is a motive/agenda behind the leak. The season may be over, but there are games afoot, I dare say.

I always find "lying season" equal parts interesting and hilarious. Remember all the lengths the team went to, to hide that met with Mitch?

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Epyon said:

An interesting factor in the Kliff Kingsbury interview..... is that we heard about it at all...

The Bears are under no obligations to announce they where even considering him (and didn't officially announce it).

This was a story intentionally leaked to media.... by either the Bears themselves (to help obfuscate our plans), Kliff's people (to show other teams he's "in demand"), or by some leaker inside Halas.

None it really matters all that much for us fans..... but it is curious, because there is a motive/agenda behind the leak. The season may be over, but there are games afoot, I dare say.

I always find "lying season" equal parts interesting and hilarious. Remember all the lengths the team went to, to hide that met with Mitch?

The more interesting part is the Bears are interviewing him in LA…for me that is a massive statement that they want to get an early jump on knowing what the set up is at USC and the environment they have had Caleb in more so than anything else…it’s pretty smart if that is the case.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The more interesting part is the Bears are interviewing him in LA…for me that is a massive statement that they want to get an early jump on knowing what the set up is at USC and the environment they have had Caleb in more so than anything else…it’s pretty smart if that is the case.

I'm not very keen on the rules.... are they allowed to meet with Caleb while there?

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

I'm not very keen on the rules.... are they allowed to meet with Caleb while there?

No idea…I mean I guess it would be like a scout going to a school…in passing surely they can speak to prospects but just not any sort of sit down formal meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No idea…I mean I guess it would be like a scout going to a school…in passing surely they can speak to prospects but just not any sort of sit down formal meeting.

Stroll in for a meeting with Kinsgbury, who just so happens to have a new temporary secretary named Caleb Williams sitting in on the meeting.... and wouldn't you know it, Kliff had a phone call he had too take in the other rooom for 3 hours.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

My thoughts only but the Roman interview being let loose was to strike up talk about Fields being kept, making 1.1 more valuable. Try to drum up value for a trade back. The talk with Kliff was to get talk up that Williams is going to be the Bears' pick, and try to drum up trade value for Fields. 

Poles might have zero interest in either guy but uses them, lets their names go public, and they get their names circulated too among the NFL community (which never really hurts to seem "in demand"). 

Until a hire is made I'm assuming I'm clueless to Poles' plans. Even when it is done it will likely be Waldron or Kubiak, so no real insight as both would be able to work with Fields or Williams anyways. lol 

• Like 1