New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I don't think they're going to exactly have the pick of the litter here

I think you are undervaluing the #1 overall pick, and the egos that these guys have.  They all think they can do it with the right guy.  Now, they could be even more stupid and tell people in meetings that they have to stick with Justin Fields, which would alienate basically all the good names.

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I think you are undervaluing the #1 overall pick, and the egos that these guys have.  They all think they can do it with the right guy.  Now, they could be even more stupid and tell people in meetings that they have to stick with Justin Fields, which would alienate basically all the good names.

But Williams or Maye does nothing for them if they go 7-10 again. If it took them 65 hours to decide to keep Eberflus after just 2 seasons, he's out after next year unless they win 10 or more games imo. Like you said, maybe the ego in someone will say "then we'll win 10 ******* games, watch us" but I'd much rather have any of the open OC jobs that will be having new HC's

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

But Williams or Maye does nothing for them if they go 7-10 again. If it took them 65 hours to decide to keep Eberflus after just 2 seasons, he's out after next year unless they win 10 or more games imo. Like you said, maybe the ego in someone will say "then we'll win 10 ******* games, watch us" but I'd much rather have any of the open OC jobs that will be having new HC's

Absolutely I agree. Looking at those names even with Caleb Williams too I think their tenure is going to be short lived. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Lots of guys are going to have stars in their eyes and think they can have the next CJ Stroud sort of rookie season with a better rookie prospect in Caleb Williams which will lead them to the playoffs.  I think they'll see more of the good in that the Bears ended the season reasonably strong all things considered and that defense has a lot of talent.  Someone will take the risk, and I don't necessarily think it'll be a scraping the bottom of the barrel sort of situation. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think there are a ton of good solid options out there right now...

Free Agent

Greg Roman 

Non-play calling OC

Frank Smith

Brian Callahan

Mike LaFleur

Fire HC OC

Kellen Moore

Tim Kelly

Thomas Brown

Assistants

Darrell Bevell

Kevin Patullo

Zac Robinson

Greg Olson

Klint Kubiak

Dan Pitcher

no Arthur Smith?

I cant wait till the run up to week one and all of you are once again predicting double digit wins and a North Title.

And then claiming it was a failure when they fall just short of that win total and we are in the hunt the entire season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I cant wait till the run up to week one and all of you are once again predicting double digit wins and a North Title.

And then claiming it was a failure when they fall just short of that win total and we are in the hunt the entire season

Hey man, I said 10-7 and the 3 4thQ losses and the injuries failed me....lolz ahhaahhaaha🤣😂

If we get a G, C, and a second WR1.  A 10-7 is legit! No doubt!

Edited by JibjeResearch

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

no Arthur Smith?

I like the scheme no doubt...I worry about the reaction at the end of that Saints game...seems like a guy who it was all getting a bit much for and yeah going back to being an OC might help him with that but I think adding that sort of personality along with Flus might not be best...

Wouldn't hate it but would have concerns...another guy who could be interesting out there is Byron Leftwich if we really want to do to a true vertical offence,

Kind of depends who we keep for qb... 

Roman is high on my list if we kept Fields, because he has weak in the passing game, just like Fields. 

Bienimy is probably my top choice for Caleb since he's more pass oriented and has already worked with Mahomes, which matches up with Caleb well playstyle wise

Kingsbury or another air raid guy would be the smoothest transition for Caleb, but a big risk for us.... We'd have to do HEAVY investing at receiver to make the scheme work... There's also some schematic things that could be an issue.... I watched a breakdown vid on air raid offenses, and Lincoln Rileys, for example uses a backside pulling guard and tackle on a "go to" run play. It works (mostly) in college, but as soon as you get an athletic DE (like basically all of the ones that make it to the nfl) they just crash down the line and destroy. 

Without knowing much about the rest, Kingsbury would probably be my my #2 option, Bienimy easily my #1. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Lets say Bears draft a QB and new OC does very well with him.

OC then gets HC offers (probably after year 2).   

What do Bears do then?

I mean, yeah that can be problem, but if it was such a problem that was unsurmountable you would never ever see a defensive head coach ever.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Lets say Bears draft a QB and new OC does very well with him.

OC then gets HC offers (probably after year 2).   

What do Bears do then?

Then you get a new OC!! This isn’t creating an Adam Bomb.

Teams do this all the time. 40% of the league have Defensive HCs. We aren’t some crazy outlier

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Then you get a new OC!! This isn’t creating an Adam Bomb.

Teams do this all the time. 40% of the league have Defensive HCs. We aren’t some crazy outlier

Okay that's fine.   But they are up there arguing continuity is important.  

Big difference between learning a 4-3 from one coach to another and learning a whole different offense with all different terminology every year or two.