Is Ted Thompson this bad or was he never that good?

cooters22

28 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Any chance Reggie McKenzie gets fired in this Gruden deal?

he may get a little emasculated in terms of his role, but they are better off with Reggie than without

McKenzie and Gruden were in GB together back in '94

The people complaining that TT has not done a good enough job bringing in better defensive pieces need to remember he was the one after all that drafted pro bowlers Hayward and Hyde as well as bringing in Peppers who still managed to get 11 sacks in his age 37 season. These three guys are proof that we DID have the defensive pieces to go with Daniels, Matthews, Shields etc.

On paper and with hindsight we should've had an elite defence but we never did and that is ultimately down to Capers with his poor system and coaching.

I can't blame TT for our woes on defence. Capers 100% to blame.

35 minutes ago, Chili said:

The people complaining that TT has not done a good enough job bringing in better defensive pieces need to remember he was the one after all that drafted pro bowlers Hayward and Hyde as well as bringing in Peppers who still managed to get 11 sacks in his age 37 season. These three guys are proof that we DID have the defensive pieces to go with Daniels, Matthews, Shields etc.

On paper and with hindsight we should've had an elite defence but we never did and that is ultimately down to Capers with his poor system and coaching.

I can't blame TT for our woes on defence. Capers 100% to blame.

Blaming a coach for 100% of anything is dumb. Players not playing as well as they should have, injuries devastating a unit, bad freaking luck, etc. all play a part in this thing. A Coach is never 100% to blame. 

Think Thompson was extremely good in the beginning, but I think his results have tailed off a bit in recent years. Think the Cobb deal just wasn't a good one at all, for example. Drafting has been fine, but nothing spectacular. 

Extremely hard to tell though, because I think Capers has been garbage for the past 5 years, so hard to judge personnel when the scheme/system is a complete joke. 

Think it's time to move on tbh. Have a lot of respect for Ted for what he gave us, but I think it's time for new blood in there (I realize it'll prolly be Wolf).

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

Think Thompson was extremely good in the beginning, but I think his results have tailed off a bit in recent years. Think the Cobb deal just wasn't a good one at all, for example. Drafting has been fine, but nothing spectacular. 

Extremely hard to tell though, because I think Capers has been garbage for the past 5 years, so hard to judge personnel when the scheme/system is a complete joke. 

Think it's time to move on tbh. Have a lot of respect for Ted for what he gave us, but I think it's time for new blood in there (I realize it'll prolly be Wolf).

From what I understand Ted's contract is up after 2018 so he'll probably retire after this upcoming season.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you're trying WAY too hard, FYI.

maybe sit a few out? 

Sit out this magnificent day?

A day in which both Dom and Ted got their long overdue walking papers?

No way.

But I could see how some of the more devout Ted/Dom fans might want to mourn in private, while Packer fans celebrate the organization's wise moves.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

But I could see how some of the more devout Ted/Dom fans might want to mourn in private, while Packer fans celebrate the organization's wise moves.

still trying way too hard.

TT fans love his continued role in the organization. Nobody is buying your crap...

Archived