Is Ted Thompson this bad or was he never that good?

cooters22

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The 2011 & 2012 drafts were mediocre (at best).

Only Perry, Cobb, and Daniels received 2nd contracts from those classes

There was little to no free agent activity in 2015 or 2016 despite those mediocre drafts.

Last offseason represented a significant change in the way the Packers constructed their roster.

So the drafts after a super bowl win and a 15-1 season were mediocre? That's a testament to our FO then. They should be bad drafts.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I really loved it when the Ted fans crowed about what a great signing Bennet was back in March and when he quit on the team pretended no one could have possibly known that a guy who acted like he did in Dallas and Chicago acted that way in Green Bay.

Either way, Ted is great.

Nobody did that. You've been told this 100 times now.

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Lol.

If Hundley started week one we are lucky to win 0. Might as well say it and go all in if you're going to do this trash.

This is all garbage opinion trash. We won on a pace at 6 wins or better.. ******* deal with it. Playing "who I think will win" is pointless. You thought we'd lose them all with him I'm sure. So who cares what your game by game analysis is.

3-4.

Deal with it.

You only have to pick 3 more wins between the Vikings, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, Bengals, Bears, Cowboys, and Panthers (games in which Hundley didn't play or hasn't played yet) to get us to 6.

Vikings - they're a superior team, but maybe.
Lions - they already embarrassed us, but maybe.
Seahawks - a close-ish win even with Rodgers; not reasonable to conclude Hundley would win.
Falcons - got trounced with Rodgers; no way with Hundley.
Bengals - close with Rodgers; unlikely with Hundley.
Bears - blowout with Rodgers; Hundley probably wins.
Cowboys - last minute win with Rodgers; unlikely with Hundley.
Panthers - we just might find out (hopefully not though).

It's not a reasonable and intellectually honest position to consider Hundley winning 6+ games for the season.

2 minutes ago, th87 said:

You only have to pick 3 more wins between the Vikings, Lions, Seahawks, Falcons, Bengals, Bears, Cowboys, and Panthers (games in which Hundley didn't play or hasn't played yet) to get us to 6.

Seahawks - a close-ish win even with Rodgers; not reasonable to conclude Hundley would win.

It's not a reasonable and intellectually honest position to consider Hundley winning 6+ games for the season.

Did you think we'd play within 3 of Pittsburgh? 

No? So who cares what your breakdowns are. You would have called it a beat down. 

Again, you probably predicted us to lose every game with Brett. But we didn't.

If the NFL was as predictable as you think it is you'd be working in Vegas by now setting my lines. But here you are, telling me a 3-4 win team can MAYBE win 4 of 16.

This conversation is over...

2 minutes ago, th87 said:

So coming in as a backup is exactly like preparing an entire off-season as a QB?

A healthy GB roster is a 7-10 win team with Hundley. 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gonna go ahead and call you out on the bull**** here. There was nothing about "sub-human" mentioned anywhere in Norm's post or posting history. This is a classic playing of the victim card, a far more "political" (if you want to use that term in the subversive sense) than anything Norm has posted.

His ardent belief is that people who complain about TT today would also complain if we won 4 out of 5 SBs.  That is an absurd take, and absolutely characterizes the "complainers" as unreasonable and insane.

Sub-human was a rhetorical exaggeration.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So the drafts after a super bowl win and a 15-1 season were mediocre? That's a testament to our FO then. They should be bad drafts.

It's like if me and TT go grocery shopping and I get half as much money as him, I come out of the store and TOT is like, wow you suck at this.

Nah. They'll keep fighting draft capital doesn't matter. They have to.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So coming in as a backup is exactly like preparing an entire off-season as a QB?

A healthy GB roster is a 7-10 win team with Hundley. 

"Intellectually dishonest. I wrote a thing that had every team listed saying we would lose to them."

1 minute ago, th87 said:

The Seahawks game was 17-9. We scored 7 of our points on a 1 play, 6 yard drive that was a 6 yard run from Montgomery. If Hundley doesn't shoot the team in the foot, and manages to get us into field goal range once, we win that game. How the bleeping bleed do you conclude it's not reasonable to conclude Hundley could win?

Rodgers threw a pick six against the Bengals. You don't think Hundley could put up 17 points against that team and at least be competitive?

Throw in the Bears game which you concede. That's 6ish wins right there. You probably get one more on an upset to get over the hump and get to 7 wins. 

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Did you think we'd play within 3 of Pittsburgh? 

No? So who cares what your breakdowns are. You would have called it a beat down. 

Again, you probably predicted us to lose every game with Brett. But we didn't.

If the NFL was as predictable as you think it is you'd be working in Vegas by now setting my lines. But here you are, telling me a 3-4 win team can MAYBE win 4 of 16.

This conversation is over...

There is no basis whatsoever in this 6 win prediction because we got 3 close wins against the worst teams in the league.  At least I tried an analysis.  You just pulled it out of an orifice.

3 minutes ago, th87 said:

His ardent belief is that people who complain about TT today would also complain if we won 4 out of 5 SBs.  That is an absurd take, and absolutely characterizes the "complainers" as unreasonable and insane.

Sub-human was a rhetorical exaggeration.

Nah. It's true. They did the same thing the year after the SB. 

Nothing can quench your thirsts. Your standard is impossible, always moving, and impossible to achieve.

It lives on hindsight, lack of perspective, and whatever personality traits you all have that cause you to think you need to criticize everything so you can massage your ego when you get tell everyone you were right when it's convenient.

This isn't even a sports thing. It's everywhere these days. It's gross.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Seahawks game was 17-9. We scored 7 of our points on a 1 play, 6 yard drive that was a 6 yard run from Montgomery. If Hundley doesn't shoot the team in the foot, and manages to get us into field goal range once, we win that game. How the bleeping bleed do you conclude it's not reasonable to conclude Hundley could win?

Rodgers threw a pick six against the Bengals. You don't think Hundley could put up 17 points against that team and at least be competitive?

Throw in the Bears game which you concede. That's 6ish wins right there. You probably get one more on an upset to get over the hump and get to 7 wins. 

He doesn't look to conclude anything. That's what sucks. He just says, yeah we lose, because that's what these dudes have always said. They won't even use their God given brains to look at anything from any level of impartiality.

"Nope I had this opinion once and it must remain forever despite whatever evidence might be worthy of consideration."

Dude thinks if he lists all our opponents and goes "we would lose all the games I say we would," that is an argument with merit.

Never mind the fact he's STARTING his argument (this is a 4 win team) long before this season ever came up. Of course he's gonna make sure he says there is 12 losses. Heaven forbid you might be wrong on the internet. I heard you serve eternal damnation for it these days!!!

Archived