AP All-Pro Teams Released

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Curious how he got second team by himselfย 

They changed it so that everyone votes for a second team. Can't remember when, but a few years back. So Dak presumably got more second team votes. Second team isn't just the guy who got the second most first team votes anymore.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hall of very good.

Terrible usage of that term. Kittle is a HOF talent who makes HOF plays and has HOF games but is of a lesser focus in his offense (most games) and a later start than his cohorts. HoVG describes guys like Zach Ertz, whose truly HoVG in each aforementioned attribute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

They changed it so that everyone votes for a second team. Can't remember when, but a few years back. So Dak presumably got more second team votes. Second team isn't just the guy who got the second most first team votes anymore.

Ah, gotcha.

They got tired of Peter King naming Cole Beasley to the all pro team lol

• Like 4

Kittle never had a realistic shot at the Hall of Fame unless he somehow started playing much better, for longer, than he played at his peak.ย  There's exactly one TE playing in the NFL right now who is a sure-fire Hall of Famer, which is not all that unusual in NFL history.

17 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Terrible usage of that term. Kittle is a HOF talent who makes HOF plays and has HOF games but is of a lesser focus in his offense (most games) and a later start than his cohorts. HoVG describes guys like Zach Ertz, whose truly HoVG in each aforementioned attribute.

Hall of very good career stats.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ah, gotcha.

They got tired of Peter King naming Cole Beasley to the all pro team lol

Yup. Or like the 2010 list of safeties. Where everyone sensible agreed on Polamalu and Reed. But then 9 people threw one vote to someone else, presumably knowing the right guys would get first team, wanting to get their guy on second team. So you had 9 second team all-pro safeties with one vote each.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Surprised to see McDuffie over Sneed. Not sure I disagree with it necessarily, but Sneed was definitely the guy getting more attention.

I suppose they were looking for a true slot corner. Both McDuff and Taron Johnson played in the slot mostly.

Definitely think Sneed had the better year, but I think both could be included.

ย 

For the Chiefs, I think Sneed should be on there definitely. Don't think CJ should've been 1st team, maybe 2nd. Thuney I don't think should've been on the team at all but good for him

37 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Which is def the more accurate way to do it. ย Same with politics and any other voting system

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's more Ray Rice than CMC.

Heโ€™s more Eckler to me. I cringe every time he goes in for contact. Dude weighs 125 soaked and wet. He got that DAWG in him thought. He went to Bal and said f everyone here. Ran it down their throats 9 straight times.ย