Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, craig said:

Saw a note that 9ers were 2nd-best in running yards allowed.  But yards per attempt, not spectacular, maybe like 12th or 14th? (above average but not top-10).  Maybe they're winning all the time, so opponents in catch-up passing mode.  Or maybe strong offense is kind of a clock-eater, and opponents just don't run as many plays of any kind?  

Anyway, I think the point was that their run defense is good, but not always totally stifling.  

Part of the weirdness Sunday was that MLF called runs on such a predominance of 1st downs, but even though everybody should have been anticipating run, Jones still got productive runs on a lot of those predictable calls.  I kinda fear that won't happen so much in San Fran.  Think MLF will need to mix in a lot more 1st-down passes, or else we'll set up a lot of 2nd-and-9.  

Aaron Jones always plays good against the Cowboys so that wasn't all that surprising.  His rushing numbers haven't been quite as stellar against SF, but he did catch that one deep ball against them.  I really hope they just tape up Dillon's hand and let him play because he's actually a better back to send plowing into that defense.

All in all though, gonna have to readjust mentally for this game because Dallas allowed us to make it look too easy against them last game.  Kyle Shannahan's crew has never given us anything easy before and don't expect them to do so now.  Gonna be an interesting game to see how the offense attacks these guys, but definitely gonna have to earn this one.

19 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Overall not bad even though these are estimates.

Jaire limited is good.

Dillon still DNP...

Smith and Jenkins expected DNPs early in the week.

Only other DNP was McDuffie who also has a stinger. 

I'm glad they didn't practice yesterday.  They needed an extra day to rest up.  SF has had an entire week to heal up.

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Don't buy into this crap Jordan. It's a trap. 

I think SF is being smart not giving us bulletin board material.  I doubt they'll approach this game like Dallas did.  I really think they looked down our noses at us and just thought they would win by going thru the motions and it showed.  By the time we had a 20 point lead they all looked shell shocked.  lol

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think this game is very personal for MLF. He's gotten beat by them twice in the playoffs, but I don't think that is the driving force behind this.

I think he wants to put his old boss Shanahan out of the playoffs for tampering with Rodgers during the offseason between the 21 and 22 seasons. That relationship seemed to have gotten really frosty as a result. 

I think Green Bay has a punchers chance, but we need a turnover or two. Best way to get that is pressure Purdy up the middle. He'll toss a few our way. 

Gonna need to find a way to put up more than 28 against that defense. 

I'm thinking MLF will take the ball if we win the toss and try to get an early lead like we did last weekend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I think SF is being smart not giving us bulletin board material.  I doubt they'll approach this game like Dallas did.  I really think they looked down our noses at us and just thought they would win by going thru the motions and it showed.  By the time we had a 20 point lead they all looked shell shocked.  lol

Dallas was completely outcoached in that game. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Dallas was completely outcoached in that game. 

True, but I firmly believe the players thought that game was gonna be a cakewalk.  You could see it in their demeanor, especially early on.

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm thinking MLF will take the ball if we win the toss and try to get an early lead like we did last weekend.

I'm feeling good that will happen, too. Which plays into Shanahan's hand because he LOVES double-dipping at the end of the first half and at the start of the 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol I saw someone drop this on twitter regarding Kyle Shannahan Vs Barry

“The best swordsman does not fear the second best, he fears the worst since there's no telling what that idiot is going to do."

That is a great quote lol. As a poker player, same thing applies. I've always had trouble with the worst player on the table.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

True, but I firmly believe the players thought that game was gonna be a cakewalk.  You could see it in their demeanor, especially early on.

My Dad is a die-hard Packers fan and I told him that the way you beat the Cowboys, Eagles, and Dolphins is being the aggressor. Those three teams are soft and can't hang with a team that gets physical and pushes them around. 

The 49ers abused the Cowboys and Eagles every play for 60 minutes and they couldn't do a dang thing. 

The Packers did that last weekend and will have to do the same this weekend. If the Packers bring their aggression this weekend, it's going to be one heck of a game to watch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm feeling good that will happen, too. Which plays into Shanahan's hand because he LOVES double-dipping at the end of the first half and at the start of the 2nd. 

That is usually the strategy GB uses. I do believe we thought we were going to be in a shoot-out last week and he wanted to give his young offense some confidence, it worked. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol I saw someone drop this on twitter regarding Kyle Shannahan Vs Barry

“The best swordsman does not fear the second best, he fears the worst since there's no telling what that idiot is going to do."

There is truth to those words. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I normally like to defer too but I doubt MLF wants to get behind and have your pass rushers cause Love to spend the night running for his life.

Just now, Old Guy said:

That is usually the strategy GB uses. I do believe we thought we were going to be in a shoot-out last week and he wanted to give his young offense some confidence, it worked. 

Yeah I really think MLF just wanted to set the tone early and make the Cowboys play with one hand tied behind their backs from the jump.

I told anyone that would listen that I'd take MLF over McCarthy any day of the week and knew he'd out scheme McCarthy easily.